Colorado dealers price gouging

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 667

I've been following sales advertisements for the Bolt EV in Colorado and around the country. Many dealerships around the country are offering $3,000 or more rebates and/or incentives on Bolt EVs but not dealers in Colorado. Many dealers in Colorado or listing Bolt EVs for $500 ABOVE MSRP or more.

Of course with the $5,000 Colorado tax credit, the Bolt EV in Colorado may end up costing less than in most states but I was expecting really big sales numbers in Colorado and now I don't think that's going to happen. The Bolt EV inventory numbers in Colorado are still really low so I can see how Colorado dealers can get away with this price gouging. Still I'm disappointed in GM for not supplying more Bolt EVs to Colorado and I'm disappointed in Chevy dealerships in Colorado for not providing better incentive packages on the Bolt EV.

But it will only take one Chevy dealership in Colorado that really wants to sell Bolt EVs to make a difference. Hopefully soon there will be a dealer in Colorado that decides he can make more on volume sales of the Bolt EV than on price gouging. Until then Bolt EV buyers really aren't seeing much of an advantage from the $5,000 Colorado tax credit compare to many other states.

BoltWanabee said:
But it will only take one Chevy dealership in Colorado that really wants to sell Bolt EVs to make a difference.
That dealer can't make a difference unless GM decides to allocate enough vehicles to him. Right now, GM seems to be rationing Bolt EVs except for California.

Discounts are starting to show up in Seattle. So give it a couple of months.

http://www.burienchevrolet.com/search/new/tp/s:tm1/?md=4613-bolt_ev

Back