Vancouver BC to Calgary Alberta on Level 3

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArthurL

The BC Electric Hwy (Level 3) now extends from Vancouver BC. westward through Chilliwack, West Kelowna, Vernon, Revelstoke. With a soon to be establish level 3 in Golden will bring Calgary Alberta within 264 km ....easy Bolt range. From Calgary eastward it's a whole different story.

http://www.thegoldenstar.net/local-news/council-notes-town-of-golden-enters-partnership-for-charging-stations/

Yeah, it's great to see the chargers spreading further west. There are still some key places in southern BC that lack CCS fast chargers, though, including Hope, Merritt and Kamloops. And it would be great if Banff and Jasper had fast chargers too, although that's outside BC's purview.

ArthurL said:
With a soon to be establish level 3 in Golden will bring Calgary Alberta within 264 km ....easy Bolt range.

Easy Bolt range in summer, not so easy in winter. At least it's a start.

:roll:

I was merely pointing out that a winter mountain drive from Calgary, AB to Golden, BC on one charge wouldn't always be "easy" with a Bolt. When is the last time you attempted a road trip with your EV when the temperature was -20C?

oilerlord said:
:roll:

I was merely pointing out that a winter mountain drive from Calgary, AB to Golden, BC on one charge wouldn't always be "easy" with a Bolt. When is the last time you attempted a road trip with your EV when the temperature was -20C?

Still concern trolling.

When was the last time you tried to start your diesel at -80C?

:lol:

WetEV said:
Still concern trolling.

When was the last time you tried to start your diesel at -80C?

:lol:

I expected more from a "moderator".

You can either choose to participate in grown up discussions where we respect each other's experiences and points of view, or the #2 spot on my ignore list is waiting for you. Let me know what you decide.

As far as winter driving interior BC, in the last 15 years between Dec and March I have only left by airplane. It's not an enjoyable experience to drive any of the mountain passes in the winter.

Back