L.A. Bolt owners - Meet-up drive to Newcomb's Ranch!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pigwich

Hey!

I wanted to gauge interest in possibly getting all of our asses savagely kicked by the Mongols for a group drive up to Newcomb's ranch on the 2 / Angeles Crest Highway sometime in the fall. I saw some poor sap up there in a Fiat charging on 110 this weekend and it got me thinking....

Thoughts?

So we can all go dirt skiing afterwards?

Head to Vegas by way of 138?

What's the attraction?

What does some Fiat charging on the 110 have to do with it? There are Chargers on the Harbor Freeway? I though they are playing at the Colliseum! hahahaha :lol:

Why not meet at the beach or Bob's Big Boy and at least have a good time with plenty of other stuff to do nearby!?

Pigwich said:
It's a pretty drive?
I got 12,400+ miles on my Bolt EV; how much on yours?

Chances are I have seen a few pretty drives, but I usually like a "destination" at the end of it, rather than just turn around and go home!

I like the idea; just questioning the destination!

As part of National Drive Electric Week, there will be an event at Los Angeles State Historic Park (1245 N Spring St
Los Angeles, CA 90012) on September 16, 2017, starting at 10am - 3pm. Speaker program starting at Noon; sponsored by Nissan and to announce the 2018 Nissan Leaf:

Sheila Kuehl, LA County Supervisor
Lauren Faber O'Connor, City of Los Angeles Chief Sustainability Officer
Joel Levin, Executive Director, Plug In America
Marvin Moon, Director of Power Engineering, LADWP

https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=908:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 2.14.13 PM.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 7,635
MichaelLAX said:
Pigwich said:
It's a pretty drive?
I got 12,400+ miles on my Bolt EV; how much on yours?

Chances are I have seen a few pretty drives, but I usually like a "destination" at the end of it, rather than just turn around and go home!

I like the idea; just questioning the destination!

Well, the bikers and the Porsche drivers sure like it - It's a thing. On your way up you'll pass a convoy of 1969 Dodge Corey Cruisers on their way down, followed by antique motorcycles, etc. I'm sure the Teslas did it, so why not the everyman's EV? It's time. It's a rite.

10,000 on mine - And It's a biker bar (not a cow farm) you go up there, have a hamburger, stand around in the parking lot, shoot the shit with people , look at all the custom bikes and fancy cars, which there are tons of both, get some fresh mountain air, and then coast all the way back home and think about all the nice hikes you saw on the way up there and how you might make it a point to go up there again for the outdoor experience.

OR you can stand around and sweat in Chinatown instead (as opposed to IN ADDITION) because I will be standing around in Chinatown to see the Leaf 2.

The only thing we ought to be questioning is the date.

New Bolt owner, just checking in for the SoCal area; I'm in Ventura County. LMK if anything is happening as I didn't want to start a new thread... ;)

Back