Opel Ampera-e will be built in U.S. alongside the Bolt EV

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

columbo

Thought I would share this on the forum: Automotive News says the Opel Ampera-e will be built alongside the Bolt EV at GM's Orion plant near Detroit.
Since the Ampera-e is essentially the same as the Bolt, minus some exterior plastic, it makes sense to use the already built assembly line.

AR-302169978.jpg&MaxW=700&cci_ts=20160216062921

According to some parts suppliers, only about 15% capacity of the Bolt EV production line in Orion, Michigan will be dedicated to making the Opel Ampera-e

Correct me if I'm wrong but this would be a pretty big feet in the automotive industry we know that a lot of European and Asian vehicles cannot break the North American market and I'm assuming it's hard for North American vehicles to emerge into the European market

GM CEO Mary Barra announced the Amperage e and GM have always thought electric cars will play a major role in the future

This is the first time I'm seeing the car. I have to admit, it's quite impressive looking.

Back