Opel Ampera-e Spy Photos from Germany

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

AutoEvolution captured some spy shots of the Ampera-e out on the streets of Germany performing some real world testing.

2017-opel-ampera-e-spied-in-germany-looks-almost-ready-for-production-109033_1.jpg

2017-opel-ampera-e-spied-in-germany-looks-almost-ready-for-production_2.jpg

2017-opel-ampera-e-spied-in-germany-looks-almost-ready-for-production_4.jpg

2017-opel-ampera-e-spied-in-germany-looks-almost-ready-for-production_6.jpg

2017-opel-ampera-e-spied-in-germany-looks-almost-ready-for-production_8.jpg

Looks pretty similar to the Bolt, but I think actually I like the front bumper/fascia better than the Bolt!

Based on the ratings of other electric cars in Europe, the Ioniq and the Tesla S60, the Ampera-E will probably have a range similar to 480 kms. Compared to a Tesla price battle is won by the Ampera-E

The Ampera-E/Bolt will be a big competitor in Europe to the LEAF the same as in USA. But, GM has said they will limit production to 7000 to 8000 units for Europe each year. That might make the Ampera-E look like a failure, even if there is more demand for it!

klaus said:
The Ampera-E/Bolt will be a big competitor in Europe to the LEAF the same as in USA. But, GM has said they will limit production to 7000 to 8000 units for Europe each year. That might make the Ampera-E look like a failure, even if there is more demand for it!

Did they actually say they would limit production for Europe? AFAIK, they have not done so for the US. I had heard that the US sales target was 30,000 in the first year. Many people have taken that to be a ceiling, whereas it was worded more like an expectation.

Of course now I can't find where that reference to European limits was from....

Good point about sales expectations vs actual production limits, although I don't think it was really hinted either direction clearly?

The front of this EV is much shorter than typical North American electric vehicles but Europe has put out electric vehicle models that look drastically different from one another compared to North America

Back