Tesla Model 3 Versus Chevrolet Bolt – Comparison Video

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diggle

The debate has been going on for quite some time on Chevy Bolt forum. Here's another round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDMwhg-xwKo

The president of GM North America said that he is pretty sure this is the right vehicle at the right time when talking about the Chevy Bolt

NeilBlanchard said:
The Chevy Bolt EV will have at least 200 miles range. It will also have a 60kWh battery pack. The video presenter is not researching all that well.
He's clearly quite unfamiliar with the Bolt and with GM in general. You can see this from his confusion between "Bolt" and "Volt", and in the way he pronounces the last syllable of "Chevrolet" as "let" instead of "lay".

Or maybe that's a regional thing? Kind of like how some countries pronounce "Nikon" as "nigh con" and others as "knee con" (the latter of which is the actual Japanese pronunciation).

The Chevy Bolt is an impressive electric vehicle in saying that to compete with Tesla on any level doesn't seem appropriate Tesla technology in every way surpasses what other electric vehicles have out there

Tcdn said:
The Chevy Bolt is an impressive electric vehicle in saying that to compete with Tesla on any level doesn't seem appropriate Tesla technology in every way surpasses what other electric vehicles have out there

It does with the model S. As I learn today they are comparable in price and range

Tcdn said:

I don't know even have the details of the Tesla Model S but it is relatively in the same price range as the Chevy Volt so maybe they're talking about comparison with the model S only

I think it's pointless to compare the two vehicles. They are different vehicles with different performance criteria and for different purposes.

Other than the fact that they are both electric, it's like comparing a small cross-over like a Kia Sportage to a BMW 328i. Would anyone actually do that?

JupiterMoon said:
I think it's pointless to compare the two vehicles. They are different vehicles with different performance criteria and for different purposes.

Other than the fact that they are both electric, it's like comparing a small cross-over like a Kia Sportage to a BMW 328i. Would anyone actually do that?
If the Kia Sportage and the BMW 328i were the only two cars on the market then you can bet that they'd be compared. When the Model 3 eventually comes out then it and the Bolt will have the "long-range at an affordable price" market all to themselves. So of course people are going to compare them.

SeanNelson said:
JupiterMoon said:

If the Kia Sportage and the BMW 328i were the only two cars on the market then you can bet that they'd be compared. When the Model 3 eventually comes out then it and the Bolt will have the "long-range at an affordable price" market all to themselves. So of course people are going to compare them.

There still is no comparison because the two cars are entirely different. People who do compare them only do so because they miss the point of each car's accolades. They are not equivalent just like the ICE versions are not equivalent.

Back