aesthetic modifications

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnyman

for the life of me i can't figure out how to attach photos or thumbnails on this forum, so i am posting a link to another Bolt forum to show the aesthetic modifications i have done to my Bolt.

http://www.chevybolt.org/forum/154-what-did-you-do-your-chevy-bolt-ev-today/6146-what-did-you-do-your-chevy-bolt-ev-today-6.html

Use the Img button to insert the URL of the image files.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's an unaesthetic modification - the Chevy side decal, taken from the Bolt Accessories page:

2mw85ub.jpg

Hi everyone, I am new here. I've got a 2017 Bolt, and I totally love it. Now I think of slightly modding my front bumper, meaning that I wanted to add a bumper lip to it. Has anyone installed a lip on the Bolt so far?
Maybe I am posting in the wrong thread, and if so, just move my question to the right thread.
Thanks.

ldjohnson57 said:
Hi everyone, I am new here. I've got a 2017 Bolt, and I totally love it. Now I think of slightly modding my front bumper, meaning that I wanted to add a bumper lip to it. Has anyone installed a lip on the Bolt so far?
Maybe I am posting in the wrong thread, and if so, just move my question to the right thread.
Thanks.
Here is a good picture of what I was talking about on the other Chevy
View attachment bumper lip.JPG
It's Cruze, and the picture was taken from this site.
I was wondering, if someone makes something similar to this for the Bolt so far...?
Cause my Google search appeared to be not very successful.

The rear bow-tie is attached to the glass with double-sided tape. I used perhaps a dozen pieces of dental floss to cut the tape. Then I used paint thinner to remove the residual glue from the glass.

On the front, I used Plasti-dip spray flat black to cover the gold part (keeping the chrome trim perimeter). The can says it is "peelable, easy to remove from most surfaces when you're ready."

Or, Chevy will sell you a black bow-tie kit for $200 or so...

sunnyman said:
for the life of me i can't figure out how to attach photos or thumbnails on this forum

I used to struggle with this too as every board seems to have their own way of posting photos - until I started using Imgur (imgur.com). So easy to use, and free. Works with all forums / boards I frequent. Just drag & drop the photo, then just copy & paste the bbcode link from the menu. I frequently just use the Windows snipping tool to grab a quick screenshot, save the image, then drop it into Imgur. Takes seconds.

eM4V9K9.png

not just for aesthetics, although i think it looks pretty cool. I purchased 4 used wheels from a Chevy Cruz Eco. They are forged aluminum vs the cast aluminum of the stock wheels. they are about 5 lbs. lighter per wheel and about 1/2" wider. they were polished aluminum, which i didn't find pleasing on my white Bolt, so I had them powder coated semi-gloss black. i had the OEM tires transferred and the handling is now noticeably better. also put on black lugs and black center hole covers. Now the only noticeable bowtie is the front black one :D

[url=https://imgur.com/sv56QGE][img]http://i.imgur.com/sv56QGE.jpg[/img][/url]

LeftieBiker said:
Is the suspension any more compliant due to the lighter weight?

I wouldn't know how to answer that. All i can say is the over all feel of the car and especially the steering is improved. The turn in, in particular is crisper and smoother.

sunnyman said:
LeftieBiker said:
Is the suspension any more compliant due to the lighter weight?

I wouldn't know how to answer that. All i can say is the over all feel of the car and especially the steering is improved. The turn in, in particular is crisper and smoother.

I'm talking about how smoothly it takes bumps, especially small ones.

Back