Steve Wozniak may swap his Tesla for a Chevy Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voltage

How many people are thinking this way - not good for Tesla. I kept reading how excited people were about this EV but being fairly ignorant about the specs and techy stuff I never really understood until yesterday when the 238 mile range came out and a total influx of news and blogs exploded over it

http://www.siliconbeat.com/2016/09/08/apple-co-founder-may-swap-tesla-gms-bolt/

"A Tesla owner may be trading in his keys for a set of Detroit wheels.

Not just any Tesla guy — Apple co-founder and electric vehicle fan Steve Wozniak.

Woz posted a picture of himself, smiling, next to a new, white Chevy Bolt. General Motors gave Woz the fully electric sedan for an extended test drive. He liked it.

“I expect to be switching cars soon!” Woz wrote in a photo caption.

The battery-powered Bolt is due for release late this year. The four-door hatchback has an advertised range of 200 miles per charge, with a sticker price around $37,500. The EV will compete head-to-head with the Tesla Model 3.

The Tesla entry-level sedan, expect to start at $35,000, will be released late next year. Analysts expect full production to gear up in 2018. But that hasn’t stopped about 370,000 fans from placing $1,000 deposits for the EV.

Tesla’s making a big step from luxury vehicles to a broader market. The Palo Alto company will be raising more cash to build out its factories in Fremont and Nevada.

GM will have at least a year’s head start on the Model 3. If Woz’s review is any indication, the competition in the EV sedan market will be stiff.

After seeing the interior and user interface, Woz wrote, “Tesla will have a difficult time selling me a Model 3. A lot of things wrong with the Tesla model S are done correctly (my opinion) in this car. But it’s still missing a place to put your sunglasses, ha ha.”

The experience left the Los Gatos resident impressed with the design and function. “I was surprised and blown away. I had passed on the Volt when it came out but this one hits my sweet spot,” Woz said. The Chevy Volt is a hybrid plug-in released in 2010.

Woz noted he’s owned several Detroit vehicles — a Buick, a couple of Pintos, and one current member of his fleet, a Hummer.

His most valuable and useful car? A Prius he drove for 10 years. “I don’t need top-of-the-line luxury.” "

Hmmmm...i will believe it when I see it. More likely he will keep the Tesla n buy a Chevy Bolt:)

An article with a more complete quote (a paragraph) : https://electrek.co/2016/09/07/apple-co-founder-steve-wozniak-says-trading-tesla-model-s-chevy-bolt-ev/

“Knowing myself, it may replace the Tesla. A lot of complaints about the Tesla that my wife and I have are solved in this car. It’s not just some name where you have to take a side. The user conveniences are well thought out and the functionality is great. I tell everyone that the most valuable, useful car of my life was the Prius that I drove for 10 years. I don’t need top-of-the-line luxury. We have a Tesla but there is no other EV choice that’s good for road trips. The Bolt will need some personal testing by Janet and myself to find out how it is on road trips. Otherwise, it’s what we want. Extra features aren’t the big picture, or we’d have skipped the Tesla for a Mercedes.”

He'll have a hell of a time doing his 'road trips' with the crappy CCS 'fast' charge networks!! And CA has one of the more extensive ones in the nation!

Is Tesla a good vehicle for long road trips or was he just using a generalized statement?

SparkE said:
An article with a more complete quote (a paragraph) : https://electrek.co/2016/09/07/apple-co-founder-steve-wozniak-says-trading-tesla-model-s-chevy-bolt-ev/

“Knowing myself, it may replace the Tesla. A lot of complaints about the Tesla that my wife and I have are solved in this car. It’s not just some name where you have to take a side. The user conveniences are well thought out and the functionality is great. I tell everyone that the most valuable, useful car of my life was the Prius that I drove for 10 years. I don’t need top-of-the-line luxury. We have a Tesla but there is no other EV choice that’s good for road trips. The Bolt will need some personal testing by Janet and myself to find out how it is on road trips. Otherwise, it’s what we want. Extra features aren’t the big picture, or we’d have skipped the Tesla for a Mercedes.”

He'll have a hell of a time doing his 'road trips' with the crappy CCS 'fast' charge networks!! And CA has one of the more extensive ones in the nation!

And there we have it...may replace :) ...still it is a nice shout out to the Bolt

Tcdn said:
SparkE said:

And there we have it...may replace :) ...still it is a nice shout out to the Bolt

Lol it is a nice shout-out to the Bolt

Back