Poll- How many Chevy Bolt's will be sold in the first 12 months

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam

Nissan Leaf holds the record right now

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1106402_how-many-chevy-bolt-evs-will-be-sold-in-the-u-s-in-its-first-12-months-poll-results

I hate cookie-cutter polls - I'd rather pick MY answer instead of choosing from a very short list.

I think that the correct answer is "as many as GM makes" - and only GM can answer that question. I think that there will be enough demand to sell more than 50K cars, and that if GM builds 60K units, they will all get sold. The Bolt, with at least twice the range for just a little bit more $$$, will scavenge sales from every BEV on the market today, and most especially the LEAF. GM *might* go with caution, selling a smaller number to be able to fix (re-tool, or re-design) any problems, and then increase production.

The answer might depend on "as many as GM can get battery packs for", as that is THE gating item - it is a single-source part and if there is a supply problem , there is no way around it.

Lastly, I wonder if after several car companies (GM, Nissan, BMW, Audi, Kia, ...) have shipped a 200+ miles range electric, that Tesla will announce "We were just kidding about the model 3 - we just wanted all the OTHER car manufacturers to get in the game. We are sticking to luxury automobiles."

Diggle said:
I don't think Chevy Bolt will break that record. Too many competitions.

I think they will do well but I do agree with competitors taking some of their sales. I don't think they have cornered the EV market

new2evs said:
Diggle said:

I think they will do well but I do agree with competitors taking some of their sales. I don't think they have cornered the EV market

Of course other EVs will sell. But unless Nissan lowers the price of the LEAF considerably, I'm positive that the Bolt will the the #1 EV sold in 2017 (most units sold) - unless GM can't make enough.

It has been reported recently that the Nissan Leaf is predicted to sell extremely well not only in this poll but in another media as well. My assumption would be that the Chevy Bolt will be the number one seller but I'm not that well versed in electric vehicles so it can only be an assumption

SparkE said:
new2evs said:
Diggle said:

Of course other EVs will sell. But unless Nissan lowers the price of the LEAF considerably, I'm positive that the Bolt will the the #1 EV sold in 2017 (most units sold) - unless GM can't make enough.

Ahhh... can't make enough. So is the data that is gathered to record sales in a year based on delivered vehicles or produced vehicles or ordered vehicles? If Chevy has sold x amount of vehicles but has not yet manufactured or delivered them would that reduce the figures of vehicles sold? I would think once the paperwork is done that vehicle would be marked as a sold vehicle

Back