Chevy Bolt EV allocations: dealer in California gets electric-car update

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diggle

As its new electric car gets closer to public sale, General Motors has apparently made its first allocations of 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EVs to Chevy dealers.

The news comes via a posting on the GM-Volt forum from a southern California dealership.

Rick Alpern, the general manager of Keyes Chevrolet in Van Nuys, California, wrote that the dealer had been allocated 78 Bolt EVs for its first delivery.

The news was reported by HybridCars.com, which interviewed Alpern and confirmed his posting.

He expects to know more in a couple of weeks, he said, and hopes he can deliver the dealer's first Bolts before the end of the year.

And, significantly, he said that his GM representative told him that only dealerships in California and 0regon would receive Bolt EV electric cars in the first wave of allocations.

The carmaker still hasn't said for sure when the first Bolt EVs will be shipped to dealers for sale to the general public.

Chevrolet and its engineers and product planners likely want to ensure that every "i" is dotted and every "t" is crossed before releasing the car for general sale.

That would be, Alpern told HybridCars.com, the same thing that Chevy did with its initial deliveries of the Volt range-extended electric car back in late 2010.

That car sat for 10 weeks while the company refined some last details before putting it on sale.

Alpern said that after just two days, the dealer had indications of interest for 35 of those 78 cars—even before it knows exactly what trim levels or options they will come with.

General Motors has said that the Bolt EV will be sold throughout the U.S. ("a 50-state car"), although not necessarily by every Chevy dealer.

But its plans and timing for release of the car remain unclear, with only the goal of delivering the first one before December 31 as guidance.

We will report on any further details on Bolt EV sales as they emerge.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news...dealer-in-california-gets-electric-car-update

For what it's worth....Keyes has been a BIG supporter of the Volt. I bought two there from Rick at a very attractive price. One of my friends bought three Volts there and referred me to Rick . They never tried to talk me away from a Volt but instead did whatever they could to put me into two of them.

I'm confident they will be equally strong supporters of Bolt.

My dealer in Portland emailed me a week ago and said we could order.
We did. We are the first in Portland to have placed our order.
Estimated deliver in 2 months.

2 months is not too bad of a wait. The last new car I bought (not an EV So I won't Mention the car brand lol) I had wait double that

Back