The Chevy Bolt will be a big test for the EV market (GM)

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diggle

The Chevy Bolt will be a major test for the electric car market.
That's because when it comes to electric cars, there are two major issues that have historically held them back: the range limitation and price. The Chevy Bolt will be the very first car to address both those issues head-on, but whether people will clamor for the Bolt is still unclear.
"We don't know, obviously, how big that market is, no one knows," GM President Dan Ammann told Business Insider. "We'll know a lot more in a year than we know today. We're going to go out with this intersection of range and price and learn something."

Full article: http://www.newstimes.com/technology...olt-will-be-a-big-test-for-the-EV-9960063.php

The range anxiety is huge for people. Hopefully the hype around the Chevy Volt will not be affected by slight imperfections I think that range and price are the big issues

They have done a great job marketing this vehicle and I do believe that it will open up the doors 2 mainstream acceptance of electric vehicles

Chevy definitely opened the door to the masses this was largely due to the the coupling of the product itself and great marketing

Tessy said:
Chevy definitely opened the door to the masses this was largely due to the the coupling of the product itself and great marketing

I haven't seen a SINGLE ad for the Bolt yet (given, I don't read Time or Newsweek or the NYTimes). Has anybody seen an ad yet?

SparkE said:
I haven't seen a SINGLE ad for the Bolt yet (given, I don't read Time or Newsweek or the NYTimes). Has anybody seen an ad yet?
There's zero point in advertising until there's some stock in dealer's showrooms. What's the point in paying money to get people interested in a car that they can't buy yet? And there probably won't be stock for the first several months until all of the early orderers and adopters have bought up the initial units off the production line.

I agree with the post but I also think having more accessible information about EV's, charging station, video reviews and written reviews on the internet compared to a few years ago helps too

Back