The interesting part is below, it involves checking whether any modules are 80 mV or more below average while the SOC is between 30% and 50%. Is there an easy way for an owner to download this info directly from the car without going to the dealer?
3. Vehicle ON, use GDS2 to view the following data screens while connected to the vehicle:
• From Module Diagnostics, select Hybrid Powertrain Control Module 2.
• Data Display Folder
• Data Display Icon
• Voltage Data
• Observe and record the parameters
Hybrid/EV Battery Voltage Sensors Average and Minimum Hybrid/EV Battery Module Voltage.
Hybrid/EV Battery Voltage Sensors Average (Value A) :___________
Minimum Hybrid/EV Battery Module Voltage (Value B) :___________
4. Subtract the minimum voltage from the average voltage.
Value A – Value B : ___________
• If the voltage difference is less than or equal to 0.08V, proceed directly to Procedure 3: Software Flashing Procedure.