First successful charge for new 2020 Bolt Please read

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SandyK

Hello, I want to apologize for being so negative about my poor charge experience with Greenlots . Today, I learned not to use the kiosk but to sign on with the app. Signing on with the app was a breeze. In 41 minutes our EVs went from125 to 230. Love that Bolt!
Thanks for all the help from the members yesterday.

Sandy

Glad you got it to work. The same holds true for Electrify America....use the app to start the charge.

I would say that is true for most charging networks - use their app. While with EA it is almost required (their CC kiosk issues are notorious), it is useful to have the app for ChargePoint and EVgo (for example). At a minimum you can see which fast chargers are in use and which are available for you.

SandyK said:
Hello, I want to apologize for being so negative about my poor charge experience with Greenlots . Today, I learned not to use the kiosk but to sign on with the app. Signing on with the app was a breeze. In 41 minutes our EVs went from125 to 230. Love that Bolt!
Thanks for all the help from the members yesterday.

Sandy
Today, I encountered a similar problem when I tried to use ChargePoints' Fast Charger.

I think once, I saw the "In Use" lit up. But, it reverted to AVAILABLE, and I wasn't even at a half charge. Then, after several repeated attempts, it never got out of that state. :cry:

Could it be, that because I opened the drivers door, it automatically stopped the charging (I had hoped to sit in the car while charging, as the dining area at BK doesn't open until 11:00.

Going to do some research, and try again tomorrow.

Back