fuzzbuzz
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:14 pm

Buyback Process

I'm primarily creating this for my benefit, to keep track of the progress and timeline. I am initiating a buyback process for my 2017 Bolt.

Vehicle: 2017 Chevy Bolt. 74000 miles. No accidents, no major issues, but the usual wear and tear of 74000 miles. Located in California.

9/21: Placed a call to the Chevy EV Concierge. Gave a brief description of the vehicle, and indicated my interest in starting the buyback process. Representative said I will be assigned a case number and a primary rep, and should receive a call back in about a week.

9/21: Case number received via email

9/27: Call received from primary rep, but I missed the call. Called back and left a message.

9/30: Finally got in contact with the my primary rep. Rep indicated that the buyback process is starting. Read to me a standard disclosure, but nothing unusual (i.e. GM will not pay for aftermarket parts, etc. etc.).

9/30: Received email, requesting documentation.


**UPDATE**

9/30: Got two emails, requesting documentation. Not sure why two.
First email requested:
1a) Buyer's Order
2a) Title (if vehicle is paid off)
3a) Retail Purchase Installment Agreement (if vehicle has loan)
4a) Payoff statement (if vehicle has loan)
5a) Lease statement (if vehicle has lease)
6a) Photo of odometer
7a) Registration
8a) Drivers license

Second email requested:
1b) Retail Sales Contract (I assume same as #3 above)
2b) Registration
3b) Financial institution contact info
4b) Photo of odometer

As you can see, there's a bit of overlap in the requested documents. I replied to both emails individually, with the requested documents.

I purchased mine with a loan, but since paid it off. So I didn't need/have 4a and 5a, and didn't need 3b.

Oddly, I didn't have 1a. I normally keep great records, but maybe I didn't this time. So I attached 1b in lieu of 1a.


10/1: Got an emailed "letter" that said GM will repurchase the vehicle under California Lemon Law. So it'll be purchase price less usage fee.


10/6: Called my primary Rep, who said that the repurchase request has "been approved by the Repurchasing Department," and that I should be hear from them "this week or early next." Not sure if it's any more of an update than what was communicated on 10/1.


Personal Take: I agree with what cwerdna posted below. I probably won't get much refund, since the CA Lemon Law assumes a 120k life of a vehicle, and I've already drive 75k. But that's ok by me. I got my intended usage out of it. I drove the crap out of it for 2.5 years while I was commuting 100 miles per day (round trip), and the ability to use the carpool lane was clutch. Car still looks great; no accidents, and had very few passengers for those 75k miles. It was a great commuter car, and it has been awesome to me. But the safety issue is paramount; plus, if I'm not supposed to park in my garage, or charge above 90%, or let it go below 70 miles... etc. etc.... then I can no longer use this car for its intended use.


10/14: Called my primary rep. No change in status. Figured I'd give the dealership that's facilitating the buyback a call (also the dealership that I made the original purchase from). Was told that I should speak with Servicing. Unable to reach Servicing Manager. Left a message.
Last edited by fuzzbuzz on Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
trevmar
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:08 pm

Re: Buyback Process

I'm in the same boat, but the "rep" last week asked for a photo of the odometer - which is risky on their part as anyone can fraudulently alter that.

I told them they would be better to take the mileage shown in the monthly diagnostic report - seems like a no-brainer to me

Crucially, their GM hard copy letter states "use deduction.............miles driven prior to first delivery to mfr/dealer for repair..........." as set by the Song Beverly Act.

I also learnt from "concierge" a different process is followed for California owners like you and me
cwerdna
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:20 am
Location: SF Bay Area

Re: Buyback Process

I also began my buyback process a few weeks ago and am also in California. I have a '19 Bolt Premier w/US-made battery so I wasn't in the original Nov 2020 recall. It wasn't until the 8/20/21 announcement that everyone got added.

OP will not get much. From what I've seen, for CA, they calculate it out of 120K miles. I have under 18K miles at this point.

I already sent in all my documentation (e.g. sales contract, registration, odo pic, etc.)

I have no loan but is complicated by some hit and run damage (by an unknown driver) to the rear bumper cover. I will need to get that fixed if the deduction for that is too much. I told them about it and sent them pics of that, advising them that the rear bumper cover will need to be replaced (and its replacement painted).

Those in other states have different lemon and consumer protection laws so the criteria, reimbursement amounts, etc. will likely be different.
BoltEV
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:58 am

Re: Buyback Process

How is your buyback going?

What are you going to get to replace it?

I still have faith in my 2019 Bolt EV with a Michigan battery and hope to keep it going for years!

Looks like I may start driving Uber again soon: after ceasing in Feb 2020.
cwerdna
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:20 am
Location: SF Bay Area

Re: Buyback Process

I'm still waiting.

https://www.chevybolt.org/threads/repur ... vey.41524/ was started and I was helpfully added to the table w/o asking. TIL that WendyB in So Cal started 2 days after me and is already done. I'm in Nor Cal. Don't know if it's just by luck or because of her newer vehicle (EUV, so a '22) or because she's been diligent in trying to call them. I've not had time to call and keep calling.

https://www.chevybolt.org/threads/repur ... ost-672550 was my last comment over there.
BoltEV
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:58 am

Re: Buyback Process

Thanks I will check over there too.

What replacement vehicle will you buy? An EV?

I just can't let go of my Bolt EV without at a minimum a great deal to get an EUV, which of course is not going to happen!

I surveyed the market in mid-2019 and the Bolt EV was still the go-to EV for me!
cwerdna
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:20 am
Location: SF Bay Area

Re: Buyback Process

cwerdna wrote:I'm still waiting.

https://www.chevybolt.org/threads/repur ... vey.41524/ was started and I was helpfully added to the table w/o asking. TIL that WendyB in So Cal started 2 days after me and is already done. I'm in Nor Cal. Don't know if it's just by luck or because of her newer vehicle (EUV, so a '22) or because she's been diligent in trying to call them. I've not had time to call and keep calling.

https://www.chevybolt.org/threads/repur ... ost-672550 was my last comment over there.
Was contacted by RVDC on 12/2/21 (posted about this at https://www.chevybolt.org/threads/repur ... ost-673353). I sent them everything they wanted on 12/3.

On 12/3 (as posted at https://www.chevybolt.org/threads/post- ... ost-673715), I discovered my MIU pack '19 has been flipped to 881 and no longer has REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE, so a dealer can order a pack for me. Hmm...
fuzzbuzz
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:14 pm

Re: Buyback Process

My buyback process is stuck in limbo. They say it was "transmitted to the Repurchase Department" on 10/4. It's now 12/7.

Nobody on the customer service side seems to be able to do anything to help escalate.
BoltEV
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:58 am

Re: Buyback Process

cwerdna wrote:
cwerdna wrote:I'm still waiting.

https://www.chevybolt.org/threads/repur ... vey.41524/ was started and I was helpfully added to the table w/o asking. TIL that WendyB in So Cal started 2 days after me and is already done. I'm in Nor Cal. Don't know if it's just by luck or because of her newer vehicle (EUV, so a '22) or because she's been diligent in trying to call them. I've not had time to call and keep calling.

https://www.chevybolt.org/threads/repur ... ost-672550 was my last comment over there.
Was contacted by RVDC on 12/2/21 (posted about this at https://www.chevybolt.org/threads/repur ... ost-673353). I sent them everything they wanted on 12/3.

On 12/3 (as posted at https://www.chevybolt.org/threads/post- ... ost-673715), I discovered my MIU pack '19 has been flipped to 881 and no longer has REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE, so a dealer can order a pack for me. Hmm...
I read your other forum posts, but I am a bit confused:

I have a '19 with a Michigan battery and I drove Uber full time from mid-September 2019 through the start of the Pandemic in late February 2020, going into deep discharges and full 100% charging, until I decided on 93% to enable one-pedal driving right out of the garage each day.

What is MIU? What is 881?

How do I find out my particular current status?

I do not want a repurchase, but I am considering starting up driving Uber again after my grandson get's his 2nd vaccine tomorrow.

I charge with my Clipper Creek L2 and park in my enclosed garage that is shared with 3 other tenants.

Thank you in advance for your posting of your situation and helping others.
cwerdna
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:20 am
Location: SF Bay Area

Re: Buyback Process

BoltEV wrote: I read your other forum posts, but I am a bit confused:

I have a '19 with a Michigan battery and I drove Uber full time from mid-September 2019 through the start of the Pandemic in late February 2020, going into deep discharges and full 100% charging, until I decided on 93% to enable one-pedal driving right out of the garage each day.

What is MIU? What is 881?

How do I find out my particular current status?

I do not want a repurchase, but I am considering starting up driving Uber again after my grandson get's his 2nd vaccine tomorrow.

I charge with my Clipper Creek L2 and park in my enclosed garage that is shared with 3 other tenants.
MIU is my shorthand for Made in USA battery, vs. MIK (Made in Korea). It's just ilke MIT (Made in Taiwan) or MIC (Made in China), which can describe people or Teslas (for MIC). :) I'm ethnically Chinese but not MIT nor MIC.

You can check your status via one of the methods at the top of https://www.chevybolt.org/threads/batte ... ary.41131/.

881 is shorthand for N212343881. As https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2021/R ... 0-3056.pdf and other docs outline
"When the final remedy is available for a specific vehicle, that vehicle will be moved from the population of N212343880 into the population of this bulletin N212343881 and will be marked “Open” in IVH"".

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2021/R ... 0-8744.pdf also says this. You can find these all under associated docs at https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2019/CHEV ... WD#recalls. Links for other cars at https://www.chevybolt.org/threads/fire- ... ost-628005.

Anyone with a '20 to '22 Bolt has 940 and 941 numbers (https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2021/R ... 0-4142.pdf) instead of 880 and 881.

i got an acknowledgement back from repurchase person on 12/7 that they received all my docs. Also, they felt the damage was minor enough that they'll waive it and I won't need to get it repaired first. If I'm still offered a buyback and it's a decent offer, I'm considering leasing a Kona EV, Niro EV or Leaf or taking over a gen 2 Leaf lease. I have 2 or 3 possible choices on the takeover, maybe... I had 2 gen 1 Leafs spanning ~8 years and still semi-active in Leaf land so I'm familiar with Leafs.

If I get denied, oh well, I'll get the pack ordered. At least that being repaired will unban my Bolt at work. The Bolt ban at work happened on Oct 15 and I have no other car! We have dozens of Bolts in my work's EV/PHEV registration for my office location and thus they're all affected.

Return to “News and Main Chevy Bolt EV Forum”