No deals in Colorado?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are there never any deals on Bolts in CO, especially considering our massive incentive? I want to snag one of those 36 month Bolt leases for under $8-9k like the folks in MA and CA are doing, but it looks like I simply can't.

Will Colorado ever see these deals? Should I fly to another state and ship the car? I also have parents that live in CA that could 'buy' the car...

Probably because CO does not offer the zero emissions credits that CA and MA do. There is less motivation for GM to subsidize the leases the same way they do in CA and MA.

Until a 20 percent off MSRP sale comes along, sounds like it may be cheaper for me to fly to CA and ship the car back. Ugh.

You should read this entire thread for explanations and possible work-arounds :

http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7194

Any updates on this? I skimmed the other thread but there's a lot of noise. It seems like most people here want to lease. I'm interested in buying. I think going out of state for a good deal sounds fun as long as the paperwork and tax credits work out. I'd be even happier to get a deal here if they're available yet.

Grr... still no deals in Colorado.

Buying out-of-state is tough because of the way the tax credits work now. For CO, it must be at a CO dealer. For CA, I could use my family's house in CA to lease there, but I don't qualify for the CVRP because I'm not a CA resident and my family doesn't want to mess with their taxes for me.

eatsleafshoots said:

Buying out-of-state is tough because of the way the tax credits work now. For CO, it must be at a CO dealer. For CA, I could use my family's house in CA to lease there, but I don't qualify for the CVRP because I'm not a CA resident and my family doesn't want to mess with their taxes for me.
You don't have to purchase in Colorado to get the credit as long as it is first titled and registered in Colorado. Leasing can be tougher, but a purchase is relatively straight forward. You will have to claim on your taxes since out of State dealers will not accept the assignment/transfer of the credit.

With a chance that the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit will end on Dec 31st, inventory is likely to get very tight and deals harder to come by as we get closer to that deadline. If you are seriously considering a purchase, waiting may not net you a lower price.

DucRider said:
eatsleafshoots said:

You don't have to purchase in Colorado to get the credit as long as it is first titled and registered in Colorado. Leasing can be tougher, but a purchase is relatively straight forward. You will have to claim on your taxes since out of State dealers will not accept the assignment/transfer of the credit.

With a chance that the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit will end on Dec 31st, inventory is likely to get very tight and deals harder to come by as we get closer to that deadline. If you are seriously considering a purchase, waiting may not net you a lower price.

I don't think this is true, unfortunately, In 2017, the tax credit was changed and may only be given by a CO dealer.

I don't even own a Bolt, but I registered just to refute eatsLEAFshoots. You don't need to buy in CO to get the EV credit. Nothing in 2017 changed that. As long as you register the vehicle in CO and pay your taxes, you're good to go.

Quote from Colorado's Income 69 Form:
The purchase of a new vehicle qualifies for the credit only if the vehicle is titled and registered in Colorado in the time and manner prescribed by law. The purchase or lease of a vehicle previously registered [anywhere] does not qualify for the credit.

eatsLEAFshoots—To say otherwise without providing direct evidence is misleading at best.

Back