New EV Models Coming in 2018!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChargePoint

We created a quick preview of the many new EV options coming in 2018. You can find it in full, here: http://bit.ly/CP-2018evs

Plug-in Hybrids

Mitsubishi Outlander Expands Electric SUV Options
2018%20models_mitsubishi.jpg

Land Rover Plugs In to the EV Trend
2018%20models_land%20rover.jpg

All-Electric Options

Hyundai Kona Goes for 200
2018%20models_hyundai.jpg

Jaguar I-PACE Electrifies Luxury
2018%20models_jaguar.jpg

Kia Niro Is a Sleek Crossover
2018%20models_kia.jpg

and the Next-Generation Nissan LEAF (http://bit.ly/CP-2018evs)

Heh. That last one isn't a Leaf.

Since this topic is sitting here anyway: any word about when GM will release the next EV with the Bolt's powertrain? Because I'm pretty PO'd at Nissan. Taking a cue from GM, they have moved the much-beloved Around View camera system option from the SV & SL to JUST the SL. So once again I'm forced to either have cloth upholstery or a 4 camera parking system, but can't have both.

LeftieBiker said:

This comment went over my head. Every picture posted has the name of the car above it. If you follow the link, the last car pictured is the new 2018 Leaf. Are you saying that somehow the car lost its identity? Or is it just because they mention the Leaf but don't include a picture?

GetOffYourGas said:
LeftieBiker said:

This comment went over my head. Every picture posted has the name of the car above it. If you follow the link, the last car pictured is the new 2018 Leaf. Are you saying that somehow the car lost its identity? Or is it just because they mention the Leaf but don't include a picture?

Yes, you're correct and thank you for helping out! The last picture of the LEAF is at the link.

Though here's another one just for fun -- it's a quick snap of the Nissan LEAF at ChargePoint HQ for interoperability testing!
15gthxf.jpg

I didn't follow the link either.

Funny thing - that is the exact LEAF2 I saw the other day at a DCFC (with Tennessee dealer plates) !

Ho hum. Seriously? A bunch of hybrid truck-wagons and a low-range sedan? No wonder electric vehicles are still a fraction of 1% of vehicle sales.

I am unexcited.

EldRick said:
Ho hum. Seriously? A bunch of hybrid truck-wagons and a low-range sedan? No wonder electric vehicles are still a fraction of 1% of vehicle sales.

I am unexcited.

For plug in it's higher then 1% in the USA and higher in most of Europe.

EldRick said:

I am unexcited.

Quite the opposite. It's the lack of these "truck-wagons", as you call them, which have so far hampered sales in the US. Americans love their "truck-wagons", as witnessed by scanning any parking lot.

If Chevy ever announced the "Jolt" that has been photo-chopped on the net, I'd get excited again.
Until then, I'm happy with my Bolt.

GetOffYourGas said:
EldRick said:

I am unexcited.

Quite the opposite. It's the lack of these "truck-wagons", as you call them, which have so far hampered sales in the US. Americans love their "truck-wagons", as witnessed by scanning any parking lot.

I have to agree (in principle) - Chrysler is the only automaker to sell a PHEV mini-van. Only Tesla sells a SUV-EV (and it is outrageously expensive) and there are no EV pickups from the big manufacturers. If I still had rugrats, I'd be looking at a PHEV Pacifica right now. And a PHEV SUV just makes sooooo much sense. 30 miles battery range for "most of the time", gasoline for the most-efficient regimes (65+ mpg) and that extra weight wouldn't make THAT much of a difference on a vehicle that already weighs 2 1/2 tons.

GetOffYourGas said:

Canadians love their truck-wagon-floaty-boaty things too. I still haven't figured out what my B250e is supposed to be. Tall wagon? Compact Utility Vehicle? Small SUV? Crossover? If your answer is "yes", you're probably right.

The Model 3 is all oooh-ahhh sexy and everything; but other than those who aren't buying an F-150, it's the nondescript family trucksters like the Prius & Kia Soul that people seem to be drawn to.

EldRick said:

I am unexcited.

I personally attended the LA Auto Show in December, just for fun. There were tons of EV concepts and new models that you might find exciting. I personally really enjoyed the ATV from Bollinger Motors, and the Porsche & BMW EV's.

Here are a few links and pictures :)

https://electrek.co/2017/12/01/electric-vehicles-la-auto-show-gallery/

https://cleantechnica.com/2017/12/01/porsche-hyundai-ioniq-volkswagen-electrics-2017-la-auto-show/

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-auto-show-electric-cars-20171204-story.html

Ro H.
Community

QDBAXVXREBFETBHDQ3356AA7QY.jpg

UDSUZER3NVGEPDIDEEEUXC5LHA.jpg

screen-shot-2018-01-11-at-10-04-06-am.jpg

https://electrek.co/2018/01/11/audi-e-tron-quattro-sportback-reservation/

Audi-e-tron-Sportback-concept-104-626x382.jpg

https://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/audi-e-tron-quattro-and-sportback-new-tech-details-on-the-tesla-model-x-rival-gallery#1

Interestingly, it might enter the market under 50k with almost 300 miles of range. My Bolt is a lease, so sign me up for the 2020 model please!

Well, if that's the *European* range estimate, then the EPA estimate will probably be closer to 200 miles.

Still, that car with a range of 220-280 miles (EPA) at $50K is definitely a model S killer.

I doubt there's a Model S "killer" in the bunch. Tesla's got a loyal following and a great product. I think the new EVs will attract ev-virgins.

Previously, most EV designs resembled an aerodynamic golf cart. Which many people found simply unattractive. I was firmly in the "not caught dead" camp. The new modern design styles, new range possibilities, impressive power ... not to mention the money saved on gas ... will all contribute to the ICE exodus. There's plenty of room for competition, so it's going to be an exciting future.

SmokingRubber said:
I doubt there's a Model S "killer" in the bunch. Tesla's got a loyal following and a great product. I think the new EVs will attract ev-virgins.

Previously, most EV designs resembled an aerodynamic golf cart. Which many people found simply unattractive. I was firmly in the "not caught dead" camp. The new modern design styles, new range possibilities, impressive power ... not to mention the money saved on gas ... will all contribute to the ICE exodus. There's plenty of room for competition, so it's going to be an exciting future.

I completely agree!

Back