All-weather (rubberized) floor mats

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevewa

Has anyone found a way to actually purchase the rubber floor mats? It's an option on the build-and-price website, but for those of us who are buying/leasing cars the dealers ordered that doesn't work. I can't find a link anywhere on any parts department websites.

Husky and Weathertech will be a while in getting a fitment so OEM is probably the best chance. I don't want to mess up the carpeted mats with the stormzilla of 2017 we've been experiencing...

I'm halfway considering getting a terrible yoga mat and cutting it to fit the back seat floor... Obviously no good for the drivers seat, but maybe an option elsewhere.

You can purchase custom fit or a real close fit mats. I just googled it and purchased on line as my vehicle came with carpeted mats

Genuine GM floor mats now listed on the accessories website!

http://www.chevrolet.com/bolt-ev-electric-vehicle/accessories.html

Part number is 42333257 list price is $130.

I've already emailed Wilsonville parts dept to see what they can do.

I tried ordering a set from WeatherTech but they aren't available yet. Requested notification when they are. I'm going to wait for them.

In the meantime, I just bought a cheap set of vinyl mats for $15 from an O'Reilly Auto Parts store which will have to do for now. Wouldn't have bought anything if it wasn't raining but the storm door is wide open on the West Coast and the carpet mats weren't cutting it.

Ok, here's an update on info that I just got on floor mats.

As noted above, Chevy's front floor mats for the Bolt cost $130 -- Part #42333257. My local dealer says that they can be ordered but won't be available for at least 7-10 days. He put me on hold quite awhile to find out when the mats would be available.

Weathertech doesn't have any mats yet or any exact timetable for production. The sales rep's "best guess" on the phone was 5-6 months or not until July/Aug before they'll have mats available for the Bolt. I signed up for email notification when they do become available.

Given the long estimated time to production for the Weathertechs, I guess I'll just buy the Chevy mats. Will give the dealer a call again in a couple weeks to see if they are available then yet or not.

The Chevy mats do not even go under the pedals, making your carpet exposed to muck. Useless mats.

Patronus said:
The Chevy mats do not even go under the pedals, making your carpet exposed to muck. Useless mats.

I would not be surprised if this were a common "feature" of post-2009 OEM floor mats, due to concern about floor mats getting into a position where they interfere with the pedals. I have seen this in a 2011 car (not a Chevrolet).

In terms of aftermarket floor mats, there is also Husky ( https://www.huskyliners.com/ ) in addition to Weathertech ( http://www.weathertech.com/ ). Neither appears to have mats for the Bolt yet.

So I bought the generic semi-custom mats from WeatherTech. You can cut them to fit. Now, they are a bit smaller in width than the current carpet mats. So, I just put them on top! They are perfectly fine, and about $50. I slit and cut the driver mat a bit so that it comes up onto the left foot rest as you can see. They are grey, which is good. Here are a few photos:

IMG_2423.jpgIMG_2422.jpgIMG_2421.jpg

Would these be the equivalent ones from Amazon (in Black)?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003JHBM1M/

51826eBnrLL._SS160_.jpg

jjr said:
Would these be the equivalent ones from Amazon (in Black)?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003JHBM1M/

51826eBnrLL._SS160_.jpg
\

Yes, exactly. I bought them directly from WeatherTech. I got grey as you see.

If anyone in SoCal wants to take their Bolt in to Lloyd's mats for measurements, you might wind up with a set of custom-made mats. Lloyd's Luxe are the best carpet mats available.
Contact them from their web site, and we can all order from them sooner, instead of later...
http://lloydmats.com/

So Wilsonville parts department tells me the Chevrolet mats are not yet in to the warehouse they order through.

I see a few online parts sites listing them, but I wonder if they in fact have stock or are just reflecting the existence of the part number in the GM system.

I'm not willing to go with a generic mat, at least not in the driver's position due to risk of the mat moving around and ending up tangled in the pedals. I will wait until I can get the GM part or until either Weathertech or Husky has a custom fitment, whoever gets there first wins.

stevewa said:
So Wilsonville parts department tells me the Chevrolet mats are not yet in to the warehouse they order through.

I see a few online parts sites listing them, but I wonder if they in fact have stock or are just reflecting the existence of the part number in the GM system.

I'm not willing to go with a generic mat, at least not in the driver's position due to risk of the mat moving around and ending up tangled in the pedals. I will wait until I can get the GM part or until either Weathertech or Husky has a custom fitment, whoever gets there first wins.

Same here.

As I mentioned above, the parts rep at my local dealer said that the Chevy Bolt mats "should" be available in 7-10 days. That was 7 days ago. Was going to give it 2 weeks to check again.

Received a follow up message from WeatherTech customer service saying that the Chevy Bolt lasercut mats are in production and "should" be available in 3 months. A sales rep earlier said 5 months. Customer service is probably more credible but let's call it 3-5 months for a WeatherTech mat.

If they get them in somewhere, I'll take a look at the Chevy mats. If they look "good enough" to me, I'll probably buy them. If not, I'll wait for the WeatherTechs.

In the meantime, I continue to use the cheap thin vinyl mats that I bought at O'Reilly Auto Parts. They only cost $15 and I overlap the front and rear mats to fully cover the front mats on the main floor plus the area below the pedals. Works well enough for me for now.

Can add pics of them if anyone is interested.

Back