No Longer Available

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just sent money for mine too -- thank you very much -- I have been looking for something like this !!!

EldRick said:
I'm now offering my latest project for sale - the Bolt carpet protector footrest dead pedal.

The issue is that the carpeted left foot rest in the Bolt quickly gets dirty, and don't even ask about the pine needles the carpet absorbs - way beyond vacuuming - you need tweezers.

So the solution is a sturdy black 3D-printed ABS plastic foot rest cover, about 1/8" thick, so it doesn't raise foot placement much. It's designed with non-slip nubs, to mimic the brake pedal cover on the Bolt.

Installation takes 10 seconds; just place it on the carpet and press a little. It won't move around, because the back side is completely covered with 4" wide Velcro hooks. It is easily removed, if ever: just peel it off the carpet.

15dx81x.jpg

I'm asking $30US, which includes USPS Priority Mail to US addresses only. PayPal rwzehr @ gmail(dot)com
What are the dimensions? I have 2 Spark EVs and would like to protect the dead pedal carpet too.

Just ordered... bless you, child!!! LOL.

Your next project should be an attractive sun visor for above the infotainment display.

:)

Mine may not be as pretty, but it came out to 15 bucks shipped for the foot-rest (with sticky back) and velcro, off ebay.

Attachments

• Foot Rest 1.jpg
    Foot Rest 1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 8,283
  • Foot Rest 2.jpg
    Foot Rest 2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 8,283
Still shipping these. They are installed in more than a half-percent of all the Bolts shipped so far, and lots of compliments.

I've actually made a prototype of an Infotainment hood. It worked well at shading the center display, but I'd need to revise it (it blocked the view of the left part of the screen). There is also the issue of how to attach it in a removable way, which I haven't figured out yet.

Still offering the footrest, BTW...

Back