OnStar offered software update

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoltEV

When I started my BoltEV this afternoon, OnStar announced that a software update will be made available to me the next time I shut off the engine.

When I shut off the engine OnStar did make this offer. I postponed it for two days to study it.

I do not want to lose the ability to play mp4 videos.

I will look for more information to post in two days.

Same thing happened to me a couple of days ago.
When I stopped, I allowed the upgrade.
No idea what the difference between 'before' and 'after' is.
I have never tried to play an MP4, so dunno' if that's changed.

I am going to the Dealer Wednesday for a recall update and I hope to convince them not to give me the Radio update.

I Got the “battery issues” recall software update while asking them not to install the “infotainment” recall update.

I can still play mp4 videos.

However I no longer get the OnStar blast telling me about that update. So either they declined it for me or accepted it.

Where do I find the Infotainment software version number?

When I go to Settings/Software Information/Open Source, there is so much information I can’t find it there.

BoltEV said:
I Got the “battery issues” recall software update while asking them not to install the “infotainment” recall update.

However I no longer get the OnStar blast telling me about that update. So either they declined it for me or accepted it.

When I go to Settings/Software Information/Open Source, there is so much information I can’t find it there.

For a 2017 model the latest is 14.5.

BoltEV said:
When I started my BoltEV this afternoon, OnStar announced that a software update will be made available to me the next time I shut off the engine.

When I shut off the engine OnStar did make this offer. I postponed it for two days to study it.

Do you play videos from a USB stick? One would have thought an I-Phone would have qualified as a USB device, but it does not.

VABolt said:
BoltEV said:

Do you play videos from a USB stick? One would have thought an I-Phone would have qualified as a USB device, but it does not.

the iPhone does not present itself as a USB Mass Storage device so that's probably why the bolt does not see it.

VABolt said:
BoltEV said:

Yes: Formatted as MSDOS FAT32

VABolt said:
BoltEV said:

For a 2017 model the latest is 14.5.
How do I view the version number?

Back