How do you disengage the cruise control in single pedal L mode?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squiggly

Don't have my Bolt yet, picking up tomorrow. Are you using the regen paddle to cancel cruise control if one-pedal driving? Or do you use the button on the steering wheel, looks like that would be a little harder, the buttons are close together at first glance.

I use the "cancel" button on the steering wheel more often, but will use either method. I have found that it's easy to reach with my thumb without looking. It is the closest to the outside of the wheel. Pressing the brake pedal also cancels cruise control, but I rarely use that method with this car.

New owners cruising in L will soon develop the reflex of positioning the the foot on the accelerator pedal so as to avoid the rapid decel when either button or lever is activated.

Some only cruise in D or develop a three step process of shifting to D and then deactivating cruise.

jack vines

GetOffYourGas said:
I use the "cancel" button on the steering wheel more often, but will use either method. I have found that it's easy to reach with my thumb without looking. It is the closest to the outside of the wheel. Pressing the brake pedal also cancels cruise control, but I rarely use that method with this car.
Congrats on the new Bolt squiggly .. great choice!

All three of the above methods work to cancel cruise control in D or L mode. If you wish to maintain speed while doing so simply press the accelerator pedal gently as you cancel CC. Modulating regen/road speed (1 pedal driving) in L mode is pretty intuitive and only takes a short period to learn.
-- Please use caution as the Bolt does not have 'adaptive' braking or avoidance capabilities [yet] .. that's on you when using cruise control.

As mentioned at highway cruising speed in D mode the accelerator pedal is slightly less sensitive to the touch and makes it easier to maintain a steady speed. I'm not sure if L or D mode make any difference in CC.

AJ

I was just using CC on my drive back from a leisurely run to Mojave to get out of the house, enjoy a beautiful drive with the winds blowing more than usual in the high desert and do some Covid-safer grocery shopping out at their Stader Bros.

160 miles roundtrip, but I was using the heater and the trip north is uphill after some preliminary driving first.

I wanted to do the roundtrip without any 3rd party charging and I noticed that the GOM said 80 miles available as I left for my 80 mile trip.

The key is to make it to Agua Dolce and then it is downhill all the way to the hills before the San Fernando Valley, where I live.

So to keep my "hot" foot from running down the battery too soon, I drove in the right lane with the 18-wheelers and CC'd around 55 MPH in L mode

When a truck ahead of me is driving slower than I am , I use the "-" button to decrease my speed and then the "+" to pick it back up again.

If their rate is too slow and I need more deceleration, I use the paddle to get out of CC and drive manually.

Probably obvious, but when in CC and you use the accelerator to go speeds in excess of your set speed, once you remove your foot it will slow and then settle back to the set CC speed. In other words, while braking will turn off the CC, accelerating will not.

MyChevy app said I had 10% left in the battery when I reached home to my Clipper Creek 240v/20A charger.

Back