Beat this to death yet? CCS charging network - c'mon GM!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

I read about the effort GM is putting into testing the Bolt EV before it hits full production and release to the public - if only GM had put the same effort into the CCS charging infrastructure as well!

Car makers didn't help build out a network of gas stations, so why help with a charging network? Especially with the ease of charging an EV at home or office or anywhere on the existing electric grid.

I agree - but how many years did it take to get a nation covered in gas stations?

I think they would sell more Bolts if there was more fast-charging. There are a few people I know of that are looking at their next EV and even with 200 miles, the Bolt is still a city-only car. Currently, the Tesla 3 would work for me without a second vehicle.

Depends how much supercharger access is for the Model 3 - plus in the next year or 2 aren't there a bunch of companies that have planned to install CCS charge points all over? Can't remember where I read that now...

IMHO, GM shouldn't be building chargers. What they *should* do is partner with one or more of the larger charging networks, like EVGo for instance. Nissan offer's a program called "No-Charge-To-Charge". New Leaf owners get to charge for free for 2 years in certain markets on participating networks. GM could offer something like that, and help subsidize the networks while also providing them with customers (the new Bolt owners). I'm sure there are other ways to work the deal, too. Something that could be win-win-win for GM, the network, and the customer.

Back