Uh-oh, Obama sits in the Bolt EV at the Auto Show

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukestuke

https://youtu.be/p41DdThUSAA

I remember way back in the day when he sat in the Volt, and the press passed the photos around, and it caused a bunch of political arguments and some people didn't want to buy one because of the GM bailout and Obama cooties blah blah.

We're years after all of that, and frankly, I'd put it all behind is and was excited to see Chevrolet come out with such a compelling electric vehicle that won't be a compliance vehicle. However, now that this video has surfaced, the republicrat vs democatins debate has started again... InsideEVs has 45 comments below it, all about politics, with very little to do with EVs :(

I'm not American and I won't comment on the politics.

When I look at the pic I think, he's 6' 1" and looks like he fits fine. Plenty of headroom for a sitting president.

Breezy said:
I'm not American and I won't comment on the politics.

When I look at the pic I think, he's 6' 1" and looks like he fits fine. Plenty of headroom for a sitting president.

That's true. From the video it looks like even taller people than Obama can fit easily inside the Chevrolet Bolt.

I agreed by the video the Chevy Bolt looks quite roomy with good head room I think Obama is around 6 feet tall

Let's just say I'm big-boned and around 6 feet tall I wonder if the Chevy Bolt EV has the same room for me in regards to overall comfort as it would to somebody who was let's say.. small boned lol

A 2.4 million dollar stimulus Grant was awarded last month to jump-start the manufacturing and deployment of a domestic crop of vehicle batteries which was part of President Obama's pledge to transition the country away from a dependency on foreign oil and foreign aid batteries

Aidan said:
A 2.4 million dollar stimulus Grant was awarded last month to jump-start the manufacturing and deployment of a domestic crop of vehicle batteries

Which is one 1/1000 of what Tesla and Panasonic are investing to actually produce battery packs.
A few million is a drop in the bucket to the actual requirement to compete with billions of $ in subsidies that gas/oil receive.

Back