Under the hood, and Seat Pattern Pictures

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eastocean

Yesterday I visited the Delaware Auto Show, where a Bolt was on display. I took a couple of pictures of that I hadn't seen before. THe Under the Hood is a picture of the "engine compartment". One curious observation was 3 small fluid containers with reddish fluid, holding slight pressure. The "reps" didn't know what they were for. My best guess is that they are radiator overflow containers, for the AC , and the Thermal Management system for the battery.

Another is the front seat pattern.

I couldn't find a way to upload the full size images (4 MB) , so I threw them up on my web personal page

http://www.dey1.com/bolt-pictures/

Under-the-hood-1-1-600x338.jpg

Bolt-Interior-1-1-600x338.jpg

Bolt-Interior-2-600x338.jpg

Thanks for the photos. Looks like the same "vintage" of the one on the Chevy page.

Yes the reddish fluid is coolant, and the Bolt has 3 separate loops - Battery, Inverter/motor, Cabin.

Still not a fan of the joystick/stickshifty thing on the center console. Much prefer a button or a lever elsewhere that's less intrusive.

Schnort said:
Still not a fan of the joystick/stickshifty thing on the center console. Much prefer a button or a lever elsewhere that's less intrusive.

This is where the shifter is on pretty much every car on the road (some trucks/vans/suvs have it on the steering column). This makes it intuitive for any driver to be able to use the vehicle. If they were to change it to a push button, or some other type of control, or to change its location, this would be confusing for many consumers. I understand that some vehicles are beginning to have a different type of gear selector, but it is still in roughly the same location.

I stand corrected..

Never looked for or seen the Cadillac, since my tastes are for smaller cars. But I have seen the screen in a Bolt, and it looks bigger!,

Back