If only - GM Supercharger network

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marta

The problem with a 200 mile EV like this is that GM isn't planning on rolling out a supercharger network infrastructure similar to Tesla.
You can't yet rely on public chargers to meet the needs of an electric vehicle like the Chevy Bolt if it's built in large numbers.

There is no way for a driver to know if a public charger is available and/or working, and they are slow and break down for long periods of time.

In my opinion, this a big hold-back for all non-EV owners when they look into buying an electric vehicle.

marta said:
The problem with a 200 mile EV like this is that GM isn't planning on rolling out a supercharger network infrastructure similar to Tesla.
You can't yet rely on public chargers to meet the needs of an electric vehicle like the Chevy Bolt if it's built in large numbers.

There is no way for a driver to know if a public charger is available and/or working, and they are slow and break down for long periods of time.

In my opinion, this a big hold-back for all non-EV owners when they look into buying an electric vehicle.

For a urban vehicle, getting 200 of EV miles of range will handle 99% of my needs, and my ice vehicles (or an occasional car rental) can handle the rest. I have a 50 mile round trip commute that makes existing non range extending EVs (leaf, i3 without Rex, focus EV) a bit scary to own due range in the cold and an occasional shopping diversion.

LLninja said:
and my ice vehicles (or an occasional car rental) can handle the rest.

Looks like you have a few options to choose from when you head out with an ICE :)

Back