Does GM really support EVs?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmvoltguy

GM is under the regulations of needing to produce a certain amount of zero-emissions vehicles for CAFE regulations.

So the automaker's lobbyists have submitted requests to the Trump Administration to do away with the requirements.

If the Trump admin removes the requirement, will the Bolt just stay on the West Coast, or will GM still provide it nation wide?

GM is a member of the alliance that requested the emissions requirements be rolled back, but I believe GM is serious about electrification. They have made substantial invesments in both the Bolt and the Volt and that tech will expand into their other models in the future.

I don't care. If a vehicle meets my needs, I consider it. If it doesn't I pass. I don't care what the name glued to it says (except when looking at historical quality/reliability data).

gmvoltguy said:
GM is under the regulations of needing to produce a certain amount of zero-emissions vehicles for CAFE regulations.

So the automaker's lobbyists have submitted requests to the Trump Administration to do away with the requirements.

If the Trump admin removes the requirement, will the Bolt just stay on the West Coast, or will GM still provide it nation wide?

If the Bolt proves to be a good seller GM will continue to expand and distribute it nation wide

No, they don't support anything. They build cars to meet market and regulatory demands to make money.

Cheerleading doesn't sell products. Look at the history of IBM and OS/2 sometime. It's sad that BEV people think they can cheerlead the public into buying BEV's. Nope. People don't part with their money that easily, especially when it comes to their transportation. You have to build good products that people want.

Michael

Michael1 said:
No, they don't support anything. They build cars to meet market and regulatory demands to make money.

Cheerleading doesn't sell products. Look at the history of IBM and OS/2 sometime. It's sad that BEV people think they can cheerlead the public into buying BEV's. Nope. People don't part with their money that easily, especially when it comes to their transportation. You have to build good products that people want.

Michael

Totally agree

Back