More pictures

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could only view 2 pictures but it looks like a nice compact car

sam said:
I could only view 2 pictures but it looks like a nice compact car

If you click on the blank photo, it will start downloading again. Unfortunately, it also enlarges the photo when I use Firefox.

Are those picture you took?

Can you tell me what the black stuff behind the mirror is supposed to be? Looks like it would block a bunch of view:

06F1nZo.jpg

I took a quick photo http://imgur.com/w7kEUS7 of the other side. It appears to contain a front-facing camera. I'm not sure why it is so wide for a single camera, but maybe there are other components that are difficult to see. It doesn't really interfere with the driving vision. I added it to the album.

jjr said:
Can you tell me what the black stuff behind the mirror is supposed to be? Looks like it would block a bunch of view:
My Prius C has a dark-stippled area behind the rear view mirror that occupies much the same portion of the glass as shown in that photo. I think you'll find that it's actually nice to have that area covered because there are times when it will block the sun which would otherwise shine into your eyes through the gap between the two sun visors. And all it's really blocking is a portion of the sky - it doesn't obstruct your view of anything important in my experience.

I can answer that question. The wide black plate does indeed block a little bit of view, enough that I find it distracting, but it is only a part of the Driver Confidence II option for the Premiere. It is not on the base Premiere nor on the LT.

It is *not* the front-facing camera; that is near the front license plate on the Premiere.

CGameProgrammer said:
I can answer that question. The wide black plate does indeed block a little bit of view, enough that I find it distracting, but it is only a part of the Driver Confidence II option for the Premiere. It is not on the base Premiere nor on the LT.

It is *not* the front-facing camera; that is near the front license plate on the Premiere.

I believe the front-facing camera in front of the rear view mirror is to support the Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Keep Assist (LKA) functionality.

Great info, thanks guys! So now I know on the model I've booked (Premiere without driver confidence) it won't be there.

Blocking the sun is an interesting idea, and until I sit in the Bolt I won't know for sure if that box all disappears behind the rear view mirror or not.

It would depend somewhat on how tall the driver is. If shorter, the black box would be visible below the mirror and block sky. If taller, the black box should mostly be behind the mirror...

It is very common for manufacturers to put various sensor packages up in the area directly behind the rearview mirror. Generally that area is already blocked by the mirror itself and whatever view that might be visible is not one that is critical to driving. On our cars that don't have that sensor package up there, we put our electronic toll-bridge transponders up there because, once again, it's in an area that is not critical and we can't normally see anything there.

If you think about it the confidence package should have an dash cam optional so that upper-front camera could be used. Just pop a USB thumb drive in and it records both the front and back cameras and maybe the 360 view from the back-up camera. Coming to a software update near you? (are you listening Chevy?)

Back