If it snows, you'll HATE this

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gpsman

If it snows, you will HATE this....
Why, why, why would they do this?

I just noticed the windshield is countersunk by about 1" from the sides.... with a very sharp right angle at the corner.

Snow and ice will be UNABLE to be pushed off the sides of the windshield. Either by wiper blades, or a handy dandy hand ice scraper.

And what about using the tried and true squegee at every gas station to clean the bugs off? Just made very difficult here.

Why why why.....!?¿
:cry:
IMG_0495.JPG

Om a related note, does the Bolt have an 'ice park' setting for the wipers? It's activated in the Leaf by turning the car off, and pulling the wiper stalk briefly back into the "wash" position, then releasing it. The wipers then rise to vertical, and stop there until the car is restarted.

Good point about the snow... hmm.

I seem to recall reading something about the windshield and a-pillar design months ago and IIRC it has something to do with aerodynamics. It helps funnel the air up and over the windshield rather than just 'any direction' it wants

Hopefully you can push it upward easily enough, if you're reasonably tall. I'm in Canada ... it's snowing right now ...

I don't think this is going to effect bug removal. The issue with bugs is getting their guts to come out the window. I don't remember ever having physically pull them all the way off the side of the window itself.

NeilBlanchard said:
The Leaf also has this, and it is not a big deal.

I checked my Leaf, and sure enough...

I've never really noticed the lip in 5 years of ownership. And it snows a lot here. http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/02/post_1000.html

When I clear snow, I tend to brush it up the windshield and over the roof of the car, and off the back. But even using a snow broom, the lip doesn't catch enough snow to affect visibility at all. It looks like the Bolt would be the same way.

Back