She's QUICK

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess they don't have much room for quarter-mile drag strips in Europe, but 30M (98 feet) seems really short...

EldRick said:
I guess they don't have much room for quarter-mile drag strips in Europe, but 30M (98 feet) seems really short...

And from the overhead view, it appears the Bolt wins by something like 12-15 meters. Does not seem believable.

phil0909 said:
EldRick said:

And from the overhead view, it appears the Bolt wins by something like 12-15 meters. Does not seem believable.

I'm not sure about that. This is probably the absolute sweet spot for an EV. It's a very short run, where their quickness accelerating from zero makes the biggest difference, and not far enough for a gas engine to get into gear and catch up.

Even the Leaf can beat a lot of cars off the line, it just can't sustain that lead past 20-30 mph, except versus an Econobox or Prius.

Even the LEAF can beat a lot of cars off the line, it just can't sustain that lead past 20-30 mph, except versus an Econobox or Prius.

Yup, although we can usually hold faster (not sports or muscle) family cars off until 40MPH. And I know for a fact that I can beat a Corolla S to 50MPH. ;-)

Back