2018 Bolt Release Date

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over on the Canadian Bolt Facebook group, a number of people have put in their orders at dealers. They don't yet have an official order # with the factory, so they're still waiting on that and don't know exactly when it will happen (hopefully soon!).

OK, thanks. I'll check with my dealer. I'm first on the allocation, but have so far only heard mid December.

It doesn't sound like you're behind in the process, but your dealer could get the order started so that they can get the official order with GM off as soon as the system is open for the 2018s.

Good advice. Hopefully he's already placed the order. I'll try to reach him today.

A couple of features, like the map pocket, were deleted. AFAIK nothing was added, and we don't know if a seat fix was implemented, although I bet we will when they hit the showrooms.

They changed the sun visors to extendable versions. I'm hoping the attachment is the same, so I can upgrade mine.

EldRick said:
They changed the sun visors to extendable versions. I'm hoping the attachment is the same, so I can upgrade mine.

I sure hope so. The visors suck on the 2017!

EldRick said:
As described in this post, you can replace the visors in the Bolt with the extending visors from the Volt, and with a bit of wiring you can even get the vanity lights to come on. I've installed the visors (but not the wiring, at least not yet) and they're a godsend here in BC where the sun is low in the sky most of the day.

I just learned 2018 Bolts are now in production and have been available for order since January 1st. It's also rumoured the 2018 production run could be as short as two months and that production of 2019s (with 80 kWh battery pack) could start as early as April: http://www.chevybolt.org/forum/9-2017-chevy-bolt-ev-general-discussion-forum/22282-2018-bolt-production-only-2-months.html

I'll believe the 80kWh battery when I see it. I would be shocked to see a 33% upgrade only 15 months after introduction.

If/when such an upgrade does come, I hope they also boost it to 100kW quick charging. That would be something.

Predictions from car dealers and salescreatures are worth less than the hot air used to produce them - especially in this weather. ;-)

GetOffYourGas said:
I hope they also boost it to 100kW quick charging. That would be something.

And how would you charge that up?

Plug one 50 kw CCS into each side?

What’s the point if the ENTIRE QC network (not with a Tesla icon) is 50 kw or less?

You know, Tesla sells, as an option, two L2 charge ports on their cars.... so people with the power can charge at 100 amps at home. (~25 kw Level 2)

gpsman said:
GetOffYourGas said:

What’s the point if the ENTIRE QC network (not with a Tesla icon) is 50 kw or less?

You know, Tesla sells, as an option, two L2 charge ports on their cars.... so people with the power can charge at 100 amps at home. (~25 kw Level 2)

http://www.hybridcars.com/new-year-brings-ultra-fast-charging-us-highways/

Hybrid Cars said:
All of Electrify America’s highway charging equipment will initially support a theoretical rate of at least 150 kW

gpsman said:
GetOffYourGas said:

Most of the new (announced, not installed) charging stations are announced as 150 kW or higher.

Back