New Bolt order

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentever1

Hello new to the forum. I am driving a 2015 Spark EV and just placed an order for a 2023 Bolt EV. Sales rep said 3 to 4 months. We will see but im looking forward to it. Anyone else waiting and have any info to share on the ordering process?

Congrats kentever1 and welcome! ..

I've been driving Bolt EV's for 5 years and I love 'em. You're gonna love yours too.

I hope you have the terms for your purchase prior to the order you placed in writing. Car dealers sometimes change things when the time comes to sign the contract and pick up the car if not .. I know from experience (not at a Chevrolet dealer).

AJ

Quick question. I received my vin number and I should be taking delivery right after the beginning of the year. Is there anything I can/should do as far as tax incentives?

Federal & State Rebates, Tax credits usually require a copy of a signed contract to purchase the vehicle which would include the VIN as well as other info uploaded into an application at some sort of government website.

In most cases you won't be required/asked to sign a contract until you take delivery of the car.
So once you get the car you can start the process of applying for the incentives.

Of course grant programs are applied for prior to an order or purchase based upon personal information not vehicle specific information. Pre-approved grant documents typically are presented to the dealer at the time of purchase or lease.

AJ

AyeJay said:
Federal & State Rebates, Tax credits usually require a copy of a signed contract to purchase the vehicle which would include the VIN as well as other info uploaded and how to get rid of gyno into an application at some sort of government website.

In most cases you won't be required/asked to sign a contract until you take delivery of the car. So once you get the car you can start the process of applying for the incentives.

Of course grant programs are applied for prior to an order or purchase based upon personal information not vehicle specific information. Pre-approved grant documents typically are presented to the dealer at the time of purchase or lease.

AJ
Yes you are right, documentation is the first step before having a car on your name.

Back