What can I do?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentever1

I have a Bolt on order, it has been produced and just waiting on delivery. Sales sent me the vin, is there anything I can/should do with the vin ahead of time? I used it to get an insurance quote anything else??

Hi kentever1,

This isn't related to your VIN but ..

You may want to install a NEMA 14-50 outlet at your home .. ie: a 40A, 220V circuit for the 7.2kW EVSE charger that comes with your new Bolt EV .. or a bigger 60A, 220V dedicated circuit and a 11kW wall mounted maxed out home charger.

I don't know if this perk is still available from Chevrolet but it explains what you'll need:

https://insideevs.com/news/488289/chevrolet-pays-installation-cost-home-charger-bolt/

(I had my home charger installed before my first pre-ordered EV arrived)

AJ

I actually already have this as I am driving a Spark EV now. Also i bought a EVSE that is adjustable so it can supply the max amps to my Spark EV then to the Bolt later. This was my master plan.

kentever1, looks as though you successfully planned ahead for charging your new car!

Associated with buying a new car: when I approached two local Chevy dealers asking if I can order a Bolt/EUV now in the configuration I would like (without many of the add-ons that cars on the lots seem to have), for delivery in 2023 (to hopefully take advantage of the IRA) and whether I could lock the price in - they looked me in the eye and said they would mark it up at whatever the going rate is at the time of delivery. Needless to say, I walked away. So, the question I have for you is whether your purchase price is locked in?

Back