Brake makes squeaking and noise - 3rd day new car

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kumthi

Dear Chevy & Forum members,

Whoever created this forum, god bless and great job. I was greatly impressed with reviews and award that Chevy Bolt got and finally decided to buy and go gainst Tesla.

I got it on March 31st 2017 and today is my 3 day into active driving. I am hearing squeaking noise. Particularly when parking or stop/start from traffic light. I also hear noise when steer my steering wheel. This greatly bothers me.

Is this common? Is this part of Chevy Bolt going through initial new car adjustment and lubrication. I finally put my faith in American Manufactured car and hopefully this will resolve. Please provide your feedback.

Once again great forum. I will continue to post my progress.

Regards
Kumar

I have the similar issue in my car that I bought it 2 months ago.
Whenever turning steering wheel over certain degree, the squeaking noise comes from the steering wheel area.
I am searching some similar cases before I take my car to dealership.

Spring said:
I have the similar issue in my car that I bought it 2 months ago.
Whenever turning steering wheel over certain degree, the squeaking noise comes from the steering wheel area.
I am searching some similar cases before I take my car to dealership.

I have the exact problem as well. Thanks for sharing.

kumthi said:
Dear Chevy & Forum members,

Whoever created this forum, god bless and great job. I was greatly impressed with reviews and award that Chevy Bolt got and finally decided to buy and go gainst Tesla.

I got it on March 31st 2017 and today is my 3 day into active driving. I am hearing squeaking noise. Particularly when parking or stop/start from traffic light. I also hear noise when steer my steering wheel. This greatly bothers me.

Is this common? Is this part of Chevy Bolt going through initial new car adjustment and lubrication. I finally put my faith in American Manufactured car and hopefully this will resolve. Please provide your feedback.

Once again great forum. I will continue to post my progress.

Regards
Kumar

Hi Kumar,

If you could email [email protected] with "ATTN: Amber" in the subject line, we'd love to help get you set up at your dealership. This squeaking noise is certainly something we'd like to take a look at.

Please be sure to include your VIN, contact information, vehicle mileage and preferred dealer name within that email. To review GM's privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Kindly,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thank you for response on this. Really appreciate it.

Apparently I got a car that was suppose to be return to plant. Luckily my wife found the inspection note in the Glove Box that had a note "Rear Right Door Split" in "Return Plant Form". So I called the Dealer Koons Chevy at Tysons and Spoke to SGM John Gribbins. He was kind enough to look at the issue and agreed to exchange the car. I just a new Car today and I am all set.

kumthi said:
Thank you for response on this. Really appreciate it.

Apparently I got a car that was suppose to be return to plant. Luckily my wife found the inspection note in the Glove Box that had a note "Rear Right Door Split" in "Return Plant Form". So I called the Dealer Koons Chevy at Tysons and Spoke to SGM John Gribbins. He was kind enough to look at the issue and agreed to exchange the car. I just a new Car today and I am all set.

It's my pleasure, Kumar! I did respond to the other thread you started, but wanted to touch base with you here as well. Please follow up with me at your earliest convenience, so I can help address your inquiries with your new Bolt EV.

Best,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

kumthi said:
Apparently I got a car that was suppose to be return to plant. Luckily my wife found the inspection note in the Glove Box that had a note "Rear Right Door Split" in "Return Plant Form".

Any guesses on how many Bolt owners checked their glove boxes after your post? You may not be the only one driving a car that wasn't supposed to be on the road.

Back