Even among dropping gas prices, GM pushing ahead with Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukestuke

Hi everyone on the Bolt EV Forum! I found this news article, and although it is mostly the same info we all know, there is one interesting aspect of it.

That is that even despite rising gas prices, when the 'luster' of alternative-fuel vehicles has been taken-off, GM isn't backing away from betting on electric vehicles.

GM isn't slowing down its approad, instead, it is announcing that the Bolt EV will be built at the Orion assembly plant near Detroit.

Michigan Gov. Rick Scott welcomed the decision to build the car in his state and predicted the automaker won't be disappointed in the outcome.

“Michigan unquestionably remains the global automotive leader,” Scott said. “Chevrolet is tapping a skilled workforce that includes some of the most talented and hard-working people in the world for this cutting-edge vehicle. Chevrolet is an important part of our state’s automotive history, and Michigan-made products like the Bolt EV point to a bright future as well.”

Sorry, forgot to link the article on Consumer Affairs

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/gm-not-backing-up-from-its-chevy-bolt-plans-021715.html

I don't think falling gas prices will affect most people who are looking into buying an electric vehicle or have already purchased electric vehicle it's not solely about the gas price as it is about the efficiency in energy

laev said:
I don't think falling gas prices will affect most people who are looking into buying an electric vehicle or have already purchased electric vehicle it's not solely about the gas price as it is about the efficiency in energy

It is also the convenience of an electric. No trips to the gas station, just plug in at home. Saves time, time is money.

I've read about the concern with the dropping gas prices affecting electric vehicle purchases dropping gas prices wouldn't affect my idea of purchasing an electric vehicle because I am purchasing an electric vehicle for the Energy Efficiency and I am lucky enough to live in an area where energy is harvested in a non horrific way to the environment

USA Today reported this

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/86731248/?client=ms-android-google

Back