gpsman

Re: Problems, Bugs, Weird Stuff, Glitches, Concerns Here

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:50 am

I could not unlock the rear hatchback when another car door was open. (Driver's door in my case.)

Try it at home and let me know if yours behaves like this too.

cranial1963

Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:05 pm

Coop wrote:I have had my car now for about 28 days. I notice a slight but not always high pitch sound when I am in L gear coming to a stop with my foot gradually off the accelerator. I am wondering if this is normal and just the behavior of the car in this mode? When I am in normal drive and reverse there is no noise.

You are hearing the Pedestrian Safety Signal - see page 105 of Bolt Owner's Manual:
"The vehicle is equipped with automatic sound generation. The automatic sound is generated to indicate the vehicle presence to
pedestrians. The sound changes if the vehicle is speeding up or slowing down. It is activated when the vehicle is shifted into
a forward gear or R (Reverse), up to 14 mph."

cranial1963

Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:11 pm

gpsman wrote:
BoltEV17 wrote:
gpsman wrote:I cannot use the rear windshied wiper when the car is in Neutral.

This is a feature intended to prevent rear wiper damage while going through a car wash.

Is that written down somewhere? Or just a logical assumption? If every car does this, I'll go along with the assumption it was intentional. If it's just mine, I'm calling it a glitch.

The front wipers work in neutral.
Are the back ones particually more delicate?
I'm suspicious.

I could not find where this was written, but I found this exact condition documented in the Chevrolet Spark Owner's Manual:
See http://www.chevspark.net/rear_window_wi ... r-119.html

The Bolt Owner's Manual talks about "Car Wash Mode" and putting the car in neutral, but does not mention how this might affect
other things like the rear wiper. As mentioned before, it's a hidden feature...

cranial1963

Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:34 pm

gpsman wrote:I could not unlock the rear hatchback when another car door was open. (Driver's door in my case.)

I could not reproduce this with my Bolt - tried many different things. One was left driver door open, locked doors with fob,
then was able to open Liftgate by pressing touch pad. Every time I was able to open Liftgate regardless of doors open or closed,
locks engaged or not...

gpsman

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:02 am

New data.

I cannot unlock the rear hatch (from the outside) if the key fob is in the car. (Car is not on.)

cranial1963 wrote:
gpsman wrote:I could not unlock the rear hatchback when another car door was open. (Driver's door in my case.)

I could not reproduce this with my Bolt - tried many different things. One was left driver door open, locked doors with fob,
then was able to open Liftgate by pressing touch pad. Every time I was able to open Liftgate regardless of doors open or closed,
locks engaged or not...

gpsman

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:06 am

After 6 months of being just fine.... now every day my screens revert to the white background (Blue Sky) when I love full time black (Black Eclipse, or night setting).

I manually set it to full time black the second day I had the car. Now it keeps switching back.

Annoying as hell.

I never did an in dealer update.
But I wonder if something over the air happened, even though at launch date Chevy said they didn't do over the air updates.

SeanNelson

Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:32 am

gpsman wrote:After 6 months of being just fine.... now every day my screens revert to the white background (Blue Sky) when I love full time black (Black Eclipse, or night setting).

I manually set it to full time black the second day I had the car. Now it keeps switching back.

Have you tried rebooting the infotainment system (press "Home" and "Fast Forward" for 10 seconds) and re-applying the settings?

gpsman

Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:00 pm

Interesting concept.

Now that you mentioned it, a few days ago I did this.
My system froze up while driving (equally intolerable) and I had to do the forced reboot while driving. That day my screens stayed black. So I didn't associate the color change with that event. But every day since, my screen has been white.

Remember when a radio was just a radio and a navigator was just a navigator, and a phone was just a phone? I really F-ing HATE Windows operating systems and I beleive this car is running on a Windows CE based platform.

SeanNelson wrote:Have you tried rebooting the infotainment system (press "Home" and "Fast Forward" for 10 seconds) and re-applying the settings?

gpsman

Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:17 pm

Notice anything "wrong" with these images?

IMG_2262.JPG
IMG_2262.JPG (42.06 KiB) Viewed 1720 times

IMG_2261.JPG
IMG_2261.JPG (48.74 KiB) Viewed 1720 times

IMG_2260.JPG
IMG_2260.JPG (46.6 KiB) Viewed 1720 times

Three consecutive days of driving.

Interstingting tidbit:

1272.6 miles = 2048 km

Exactly 2kb of km. Coincidence???

EldRick

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:38 pm

...I beleive this car is running on a Windows CE based platform.

Wrong. That was the Spark EV. The Bolt runs Linux.

Return to “Technical Discussions”