Eastocean

Re: Interested in the Bolt EV? What do you currently drive?

Sun May 08, 2016 1:08 am

I drive a 2013 Leaf SL. My lease expires in October. They have offered a 6 month extension. I never have more than 1 passenger. I also gave a tight garage, so a few less exterior inches is welcome. The cargo space inside is probably better than the future Leaf 2, but who knows. Nissan is being obscure.
Kinetic Blue Bolt EV
Third Bolt In Delaware!

2013 Leaf expired lease and in lease heaven

SmartElectric

Sun May 08, 2016 5:10 am

Coworker is (impatiently) waiting out the VW diesel scandal to see what he will be able to get for his TDI.
He's looking at an EV for next car, and is reading up about the Bolt and Tesla 3.

I'm telling you, people who owned a diesel because they believed in the efficiency may now be looking at electric driving instead, reality (instead of fake green marketing) is starting to sink in!

wq2345

Tue May 24, 2016 6:54 pm

Here is the list of EVs we've driven over the years including what we are using now:

2008 MiniE - what an awesome car that was! Great range too - once went 125 miles on it (driven Jun 2009- Jan 2012)

2011 Nissan Leaf - not a fan really, but good start by Nissan for the mass market (driven March 2011-March 2014)

2012 ActiveE - lovely car, range ~95 miles; but the i3 just never appealed enough to me (driven Jan 2012 - Jan 2014)

2013 Toyota RAV4EV - really a 40kW Model S, this car rocks. My wife absolutely loves it and its ~150 mile range. But I think we will be giving it back when lease ends in August. It has a known issue of EV system failure and not restarting (Gateway ECU error). Toyota's & Tesla's lack of support for the car also sucks even if you have a manufacturer's extended warranty. (driven Sep 2013 - Aug 2016?)
The BoltEV would replace this whenever we can get it later this year or earlier next year.

2014 Tesla Model S 85kW - Of course, I love this car. However, its high cost is a deterrent. If the BoltEV turns out great, we just might get another Bolt to replace this summer 2017 when I would use Tesla's buyback guarantee. (driven April 2014 - present)

Note: we did not go for the Model 3. I think it will be a LONG while before that becomes a reality.
______________EV History_________
2008 Mini-E
2011 BMW Active-E
2011 Nissan Leaf SL
2013 Toyota RAV4EV
2014 Tesla Model S
2016 Kia Soul EV+
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier, Arctic Blue/Dark Gray, +Pkgs, DCFC

Geo

Wed May 25, 2016 10:38 pm

I also had an Active E. Seems like a lot of us Electonauts went with the RAV4 EV.

My EVs have been -

MGB Conversion - lead acid batteries with a 50-60 mile range. Fun little car, but a bit of a death trap due to it's diminutive size and lack of air bags.

BMW Active E - Really liked the car. Range was OK, it drove like a BMW, went exactly where you pointed it. Still a little small.

RAV4 EV - I've had two of these (one was totaled). I love this car. Perfect size, 5 doors, decent range, good performance. I wish it had a bigger battery and fast charging. I was really tempted to pay for the third party fast charging upgrade.

Now I'm hoping the Bolt EV makes a good replacement for the RAV4. If so, I'll let my lease expire and make the switch.

Rivu

Fri May 27, 2016 12:25 pm

I drive a Ford Territory but I'm looking forward to replacing it with Chevy Bolt EV.

Devin

Fri May 27, 2016 6:26 pm

Rivu wrote:I drive a Ford Territory but I'm looking forward to replacing it with Chevy Bolt EV.

I heard that GM was thinking of doing away with Holden - is their plan to just use the Chevy brand in Australia now? If I recall they sell Silverados with Chevy branding (through a third party maybe?) but everything else is still Holden.
Currently
2007 Mazda 5 (Vancouver) <- To be replaced by Bolt
2014 Toyota RAV4 EV (Los Angeles)

Past EVs
2014 Ford Focus Electric
2011 Nissan LEAF

mark111

Sun May 29, 2016 8:18 am

mitchev wrote:I currently own a first gen Nissan Leaf, and it's getting close to replacement time. Plus, if the Bolt is the first 'mass produced' 200-mile electric vehicle, I want in!

I own a Nissan Leaf too! I'm looking to replace it and Chevy Bolt EV is my first choice!

NeilBlanchard

Tue May 31, 2016 5:09 pm

My family has both a '15 Leaf S and a '15 e-Golf - we are leasing these. I am very interested in buying a Bolt EV, because we need a longer range EV, and we will drive it on all trips longer than we can do on a leased car.

The Bolt EV also promises to be very comfortable for us, and I like hatchbacks because they are so practical.

Airbesar

Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:21 pm

I have a 2002 WRX wagon. 207,000 miles. Love it.

I've never driven an EV or hybrid. I was all in on buying the new Ford Focus RS as the much hotter version of what I already had.

Then I put in solar panels a few months ago and heard about a prospective EV from Chevrolet that had a 200+ mile range. I thought again about climate change. Boom. Time for a greener life.

GetOffYourGas

Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:32 pm

Airbesar wrote:I have a 2002 WRX wagon. 207,000 miles. Love it.

I've never driven an EV or hybrid. I was all in on buying the new Ford Focus RS as the much hotter version of what I already had.

Then I put in solar panels a few months ago and heard about a prospective EV from Chevrolet that had a 200+ mile range. I thought again about climate change. Boom. Time for a greener life.

I'll be interested to see how well the Bolt can be turned into a hot-hatch. It has decent performance specs. I suspect if you give it a suspension upgrade and some sticky tires, you can still have a lot of fun in it. Win-win!
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”