Horrible lease deals in Indiana?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akilkda

I just came back from Penske Chevrolet in Indianapolis, IN and for leasing a Bolt Premier ($43,905 - this one: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/710099139/overview/4) they quoted me $674/month for 15k/yr, 39 month term !! (I would prefer 36 month)
When I said that seemed way out of wack, and asked where the $7500 federal credit was going, they basically had no idea. I asked another dealer and according to GM Finance, they basically pocket it. (From other threads I read some goes to the residual which stinks to buy it but should still lower the payments)

I don’t recall the exact MF but I recall it being about ~4.2% when I calculated it out (x2400) - so that’s *really* high as well.
Tack on $200 ‘doc’ fee + the usual assortment of fluff fees, wanting full sticker price, the high MF, GM pocketing the tax credit… what’s going on!?

I see people getting these cars for $360/month in other parts of the country so this just seems downright hostile in comparison.

That is a TERRIBLE DEAL.

Find another dealership.

GM is keeping the rebate and currently giving 4500 back.
What is your state rebate?

Here is my premiere deal that I finally wrangled the dealership back and forth my email.
They are very honest and the salesguy knows all about EV's ..

Volt Premiere WITH fast charging
10k 339 down , 338 , 36 months
12 350 down, 350, 36 months.

http://www.romeocars.com/VehicleDetails/new-2017-Chevrolet-Bolt_EV-5dr_HB_Premier-Lake_Katrine-NY/3024605333

Tesla is offering huge discounts on 90d models so I just to heck with it, paying a bit more than that awful price and getting an amazing EV.

Another dealer offered a slightly better deal (560 a month) but this dealer clearly was gouging.

Indiana has no EV incentives of its own.

It's still too much.
The only difference between my deal and yours is the 2k state rebate they process at the dealership..

DONT PAY THAT PRICE

$674 (+ sales tax where appicable) for a Bolt?

That's over twice the cost of my lease and most other Bolt leases I've seen. Heck, you could probably lease a base Model S for that.

You can definitely do much better. Just shop around.

I shopped around by just leasing a showroom tesla 90d model (with a 16k discount) for 26% more.
Bolts are in short supply here and they're charging based on it. (And they don't like EVs)

1/4 more I would go for it however.. your last lease quote is about 30-40% higher than the deal I got.

My premiere was about 360/mo 12k
I could have gotten the base for 275/mo

btw going to drive uber P/T to help pay for the premiere upgrade
Maybe a few hours a week on my spare time.. and they get to ride in a space ship

Back