GetOffYourGas

Re: Problems, Bugs, Weird Stuff, Glitches, Concerns Here

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:47 pm

I cannot imagine sitting in the car at a QC for over two hours. I'm not surprised that Chevy didn't plan for this use case.

Was there really nothing nearby to do while you waited? I think that's the bigger problem. QCs need to be placed where you can do something while your car charges.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

gpsman

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:14 pm

I was doing work (and some play) on my cell phone. The time went by pretty fast actually. Then “clunk” and eveything goes dark except for the cell phone attached to USB kept charging. I know the radio and probably the USB stays on for 10 minutes after YOU turn the car off.... until you open the door, but this was different. The radio went off. I didn’t wait 10 minutes to see if the USB would “time out”.

gpsman

Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:54 am

New “feature”?

I can turn on the radio in my Bolt without pressing the Start button. At all. (Key Fob was in my pocket.)

Previously known:
To roll down windows or use climate control, you can press and hold the start button for 5 seconds WITHOUT FOOT ON BRAKE PEDAL. This will NOT start the car (allow car to shift and move) so a passenger or child in the car can do this.

theothertom

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:09 pm

gpsman wrote:New “feature”?
Previously known:
To roll down windows or use climate control, you can press and hold the start button for 5 seconds WITHOUT FOOT ON BRAKE PEDAL. This will NOT start the car (allow car to shift and move) so a passenger or child in the car can do this.

That's a nice feature. Thanks for posting

Thrifty

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:36 am

My Bolt's problems so far (early 2017 base model with 60k miles):

-The turn signal indicator sometimes takes a few moments to begin producing a sound, despite the dash arrow flashing. I have no idea if the turn signal itself is actually working during this time, which is worrisome.
-The steering wheel paddles for changing preset radio stations are beginning to malfunction. Repeating stations or going backwards in order
-Occasional loud grinding noise when stopping to park (My driveway is on a slight incline)
-The emergency brake sometimes decides to engage on its own, but randomly, when I park.
-The charging door sensor came loose from the back of the charging port (fixed, see my thread about removing the sensor)
-Display screen going black and/or freezing up (fixed by software update)
-Rear bumper plastic separating or warping away from lower left tail light, leaving a gap

Other than that, there are no complaints that come to mind.

GetOffYourGas

Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:33 pm

Thrifty wrote:-Occasional loud grinding noise when stopping to park (My driveway is on a slight incline)
-The emergency brake sometimes decides to engage on its own, but randomly, when I park.

I suspect these are the same thing. Whenever I've noticed a loud grinding noise, it's because the car decided to engage the parking brake on its own.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

Bolt69k

Thu May 02, 2019 1:08 pm

Hi. First post.
I am responding to the loud grinding noise post because the same thing randomly happens to me probably 1 out of every 15 times I unlock the doors or occasionally when I push the power button. It's a loud grinding whirring noise from under the car near the rear wheels. When I called my dealership they suggested "...it could be the fuel pump. Oh, wait."

Any thoughts or similar experiences out there? Thanks
2019 Bolt Premier

SeanNelson

Thu May 02, 2019 9:33 pm

Sounds to me like it might be your parking brakes being applied...

Evoforce

Sat May 04, 2019 9:38 am

SeanNelson wrote:Sounds to me like it might be your parking brakes being applied...

That would be my guess too.

Return to “Technical Discussions”