SeanNelson

Re: Amazon Package Delivery To Your Bolt

Thu May 17, 2018 1:49 am

sgt1372 wrote:The item description said that it was being sold by the vendor but "fulfilled" by Amazon but that apparently did not occur.

You'd have thought that would be the ticket. Oh well. I've ordered several items at once "fulfilled by Amazon" and had them billed and shipped separately, so I'm not really sure just how much value to place on that designation.

DucRider

Thu May 17, 2018 2:29 pm

Amazon has warehouses in multiple locations, so many times orders will come in multiple packages. "Fulfillment by Amazon" means they store the items in their facilities and bill/pick/pack/ship for the vendor.

Only items shipped via Amazons own shipping company will be eligible for in car delivery (or in home if you have their fancy lockset)- USPS, UPS, Fedex, etc don't have access. Sometimes the Amazon driver is in what is obviously their personal vehicle, but more often seeing them in white delivery vans.

Shipping/Tracking will look something like this:
Shipped with AMZL US
Tracking ID TBA**********
Gary

2014 Honda Fit EV - lease ends Jan 2019

SeanNelson

Fri May 18, 2018 3:31 am

DucRider wrote:Amazon has warehouses in multiple locations, so many times orders will come in multiple packages. "Fulfillment by Amazon" means they store the items in their facilities and bill/pick/pack/ship for the vendor.

Yeah, I guess I kind of expected them to have every item in all locations, but that's probably not realistic. I'm sure their systems try to optimize the hell out of every aspect of warehousing and delivery.

I spotted an Amazon warehouse near an RV site I was staying in at Patterson CA. I've never seen so many semitrailers and loading docks in my entire life...

Return to “General / Main Chevy Bolt Owners Forum”