Our Bolt is Back or How a 12-Volt Battery Can Kill an Electric Car

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paulgipe said:
I think my heated seat is coming on automatically and not registering on the dash for example.

I think what you describe is normal behavior. If I leave my seat in "auto" I can feel it heat when the outside ambient is cold and no visual indication is displayed. I only see the display indicate something when I take it out of automatic.

From page 59 of the owners manual
"In auto mode, the AUTO text is
displayed without any indicators."

Collimare said:
As reported on my thread for the same issue:

Good news I hope!! My service adviser called late today just to let me know it will be going into detail tomorrow to clean the seat and buff out the scratches on the hood. I can pick it up tomorrow.

The issue as he relayed it to me was they found a "draw" and replaced the MPCM2 module (I think, he was going fast) which is the main charging system control. I will know more tomorrow when I pick up the car and can read the lengthy report (as he put it).

Here is a link to the service report. I could not get it full size on this forum. The key to diagnosing the issue is intermittent high current drain when the Bolt is shut down.

http://www.chevybolt.org/forum/178-2017-chevy-bolt-ev-issues-problems/20569-towed-dealer-after-2-weeks-351-miles-3.html

Attachments

• Bolt Service 11-17-2017 C.jpg
    Bolt Service 11-17-2017 C.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 4,348
Back