300 Miles?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgt1372

Just read this article reporting that at least one Bolt driver has driven 300 miles on a single charge. Posting the link here for those who haven't seen it yet.

See: http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1108929_chevy-bolt-ev-electric-range-can-238-miles-stretch-to-300-miles

There's also a YouTube video posted by the owner proving this embedded in the article.

I don't ever hope to do so but has anyone here done anywhere near as well yet?

Per the suggestion in the "Full charge mileage displayed isn't 238" thread:

SparkEVPilot said:
Go to YouTube and search for CHEVROLET BOLT EV MILEAGE REPORT. There are three videos that are very informative regarding charging, GOM and range. The author documents how he got 300 miles from a full charge; very informative and answers a number of questions you might have.

MichaelLAX said:
Per the suggestion in the "Full charge mileage displayed isn't 238" thread:

SparkEVPilot said:
Go to YouTube and search for CHEVROLET BOLT EV MILEAGE REPORT. There are three videos that are very informative regarding charging, GOM and range. The author documents how he got 300 miles from a full charge; very informative and answers a number of questions you might have.

Thanks for pointing out the report was posted buried elsewhere in the forum but I think it's still "helpful" to post a separate thread about the feat where people can more easily find it, redundant as the thread may be.

My first choice was to "point" to that thread directly, and my experience on other forums is that using a quote will offer that capability. Apparently this forum's "quote" feature does not offer that capability.

If you were suggesting something different, please clarify.

My Bolt EV will go 270 miles at 60 mph over the gently rolling hills of Northern Calofornia on a 55 to 60 degree day.

I have no doubt over 300 miles can be done.
In full blown hypermiler mode, 350 may be doable.
But is probably not practical.

I'm very impressed and tickled pink at the 270 miles while doing 60 mph.

I had always assumed the 238 publicized number of miles was at a super conservative 55 mph.

Chevy really delivered.

gpsman said:
My Bolt EV will go 270 miles at 60 mph over the gently rolling hills of Northern Calofornia on a 55 to 60 degree day.

I had always assumed the 238 publicized number of miles was at a super conservative 55 mph.

Chevy really delivered.

I don't drive in a way that will maximize the car's range. Never have and never will.

My initial mileage test drives in the Bolt indicate that I'll get about 160-180 miles on a charge the way that I normally drive (stomping on it) and 200-220 when I drive "properly" (as if I'm taking a DMV test).

I've also owned/leased 2 Priuses previously with claimed EPA gas mileage estimates of around 50-55 mpg but I never got more than 38-40 in either of mine.

There were a never ending list of posts in threads on the Prius Forums about people trying to maximize the range of their cars through various driving methods -- over-inflating tires, coasting, pulse and glide, etc.

I presume that there is or will be a segment of the Bolt driver population that may lean this way too and it'll be interesting to see how far some can take it. Time will tell.

sgt1372 said:
I don't drive in a way that will maximize the car's range. Never have and never will.
Why don't you see how FEW miles you can get from a full charge on your Bolt EV and report back to us! :D

Just have 250 miles on our new Bolt. Driving carefully and in L, I am getting 5.39mi/kw. If I continued that to empty charge that would be 323 miles.

sgt1372 said:
gpsman said:

Chevy really delivered.

My initial mileage test drives in the Bolt indicate that I'll get about 160-180 miles on a charge the way that I normally drive (stomping on it) and 200-220 when I drive "properly" (as if I'm taking a DMV test).

I've also owned/leased 2 Priuses previously with claimed EPA gas mileage estimates of around 50-55 mpg but I never got more than 38-40 in either of mine.

There were a never ending list of posts in threads on the Prius Forums about people trying to maximize the range of their cars through various driving methods -- over-inflating tires, coasting, pulse and glide, etc.

I presume that there is or will be a segment of the Bolt driver population that may lean this way too and it'll be interesting to see how far some can take it. Time will tell.

Doing it once for fun, that I can see.

Hypermileing continuously, that seems silly to me. When I looked at the Prius Hypermile boards, people would say things like "the weather was bad so I took my pickup truck in order not to reduce my overall Prius mileage"

I also feel that way about people who boast they have the original tank of gas in their Volt after 25,000 miles. Tells me they should have bought an 80-mile EV rather than a Volt.

gpsman said:

Chevy really delivered.

You've got the perfect weather. We'll get a week or two of that in early June :)

Right now I'm doing good to keep it above 4 mi/KWh. The LEAF is currently running in the mid threes, but I'm not the one driving it these days. If I just drove to and from work twice a day, once in each car, then I could get a valid comparison, and not get any work done!

Back