Anxious for more GM News

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boltinme

I have a BMW i3 whose lease is coming due early 2017. Although I have a reservation for a Tesla Model III, I suspect that I can get a few years out of the Chevy Bolt. I thought the doors on the i3 would grow on me but I just do like the "suicide" doors. I really prefer the 4 doors of a car. It just makes it so much easier to get in and out especially with folks in the back seat.

Now for the topic. Does anyone have a good guess when we might hear more details about the Bolt? Just getting anxious about packages, colors, etc. I know this information will come in time. I was thinking we might hear something in August but not much news during that month. I am actually looking forward to this car and I suspect GM will surprise us with an increased final EV range. Perhaps around 220?

I would think we will hear more soon - maybe they'll announce something during National Drive Electric Week (Sept 10-18th)?

I do know that there will be 2 trim levels (like the Spark EV and Volt). There will be more options/packages than on on the Spark EV, but less than are available on the Bolt.

Colrs, we'll likely see what has been seen testing - White, Silver,Black, Red, Blue. Plus possibly some form of the orange similar to the concept car

I'm also hoping to get more details soon. I've got a January 25th deadline to either return the Fit EV or extend the lease.

They're starting to put out bit more information now. There was the press release yesterday about one-pedal driving.

I'm guessing, based on past events, that they will do a series of these small releases/teases over the next couple of weeks and then we'll get a full reveal.

stephen said:
I think it's about time. More news should be here in a matter of weeks.

Here in Montreal, my salesman said to me that prices and infos will be available probably on september 26th.
After that, people who gave a deposit (like me) will soon after, order their car.

It will be than a 8 to 10 weeks delay to receive the car. (something like end of december). :p

boltinme said:
After that, people who gave a deposit (like me) will soon after, order their car.
Were there many in the US that have placed deposits? I wasn't aware we could.
It's up to the individual dealer. Some may want a deposit, many do not.

DucRider said:
boltinme said:
Were there many in the US that have placed deposits? I wasn't aware we could.
It's up to the individual dealer. Some may want a deposit, many do not.

Mine took some then stop.
I think they received more reservation then cars number expected... ;)

boug said:
stephen said:
I think it's about time. More news should be here in a matter of weeks.

Here in Montreal, my salesman said to me that prices and infos will be available probably on september 26th.

It will be than a 8 to 10 weeks delay to receive the car. (something like end of december). :p

That's a really good news!

Back