Anyone able to order the Bolt in NY?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I agree. Highly unlikely that I will see it before the end of the month. I am hoping for the first week in March. My salesman told me that their new vehicles take the train to Buffalo. Then are put on a truck for the trip to Syracuse.

PBD

Chevy of Williamsville is showing one Bolt in stock. Anyone local that can go check it out? Might be the first Bolt in NY. I chatted via the website and the individual I talked to didn't know if it was actually on the lot. She did say they were expecting a shipment this week. My in-laws live in Tonawanda, I might send them over on a recon...

http://www.chevroletwilliamsville.com/VehicleDetails/new-2017-Chevrolet-Bolt_EV-5dr_HB_LT-Williamsville-NY/2943666153

PBD

There are two Bolts "in stock" near me, but it turns out they are customer pre-orders, and just show up as "in stock" online. I suspect the one mentioned above is the same. Still nothing available to drive or buy off the lot.

Woot! My Bolt just showed up in East Syracuse's online inventory. Which means it must be on its way! Of course once it gets here I have to convince the dealership to hold the deal off until April 1st so I can get the 2K NYS rebate.

PBD

My salesman told me that their new vehicles take the train to Buffalo. Then are put on a truck for the trip to Syracuse.

After Syracuse, they push them to Albany. With the parking brakes on.

LeftieBiker said:
My salesman told me that their new vehicles take the train to Buffalo. Then are put on a truck for the trip to Syracuse.

After Syracuse, they push them to Albany. With the parking brakes on.

Ha! Well, maybe they just leave it in L and use regen so that they arrive in Albany with a full charge...

So, my Bolt arrived at East Syracuse Chevy today. I was able to go in and take it for a test drive, I like it a lot. The down side is after waiting for about six months for it to arrive, it gets to sit on the lot until April 1st so I can get the state rebate...sigh. April 1st is also the day that I turn in the 2nd TDI. I will get to drop off the old car and go pick up the new one.

PBD

Congrats! I'll wave at it next time I pass by!

Yes, it's frustrating that NYS still hasn't enacted the credit. But hey, you are getting it right at a very small window where NYS has a credit, and Trump hasn't yet repealed the federal one.

Are we sure that the credit won't be retroactive at least to 1/1/17, or are you just playing it safe? That's kind of Nuts if it isn't.

Not sure of anything in regards to the EV rebate. Even though NYSERDA had a year to roll out the rebate nobody seems to know what the details are other than it has to be implemented by April 1st.

PBD

My faith in NYSERDA has gone from "High" to more like my faith in the ability of rodeo clowns to be polite.

Is it really NYSERDA who is to blame here? My experience with them in the past has been stellar. When I had solar panels installed, NYSERDA was by far the easiest to work with (my contractor being among the worst - he should have been communicating with NYSERDA, not me! But I digress...)

GetOffYourGas said:
Is it really NYSERDA who is to blame here? My experience with them in the past has been stellar. When I had solar panels installed, NYSERDA was by far the easiest to work with (my contractor being among the worst - he should have been communicating with NYSERDA, not me! But I digress...)

They haven't written the law yet, and when asked why not, they respond that they don't have to have it finished until April. Who would you suggest we blame?

LeftieBiker said:
GetOffYourGas said:

They haven't written the law yet, and when asked why not, they respond that they don't have to have it finished until April. Who would you suggest we blame?

No need to get snarky. What I'm missing here is who is responsible for the foot dragging. I have not been in touch with NYSERDA over this. All I have is hearsay about who is to blame. Very often people misdirect their frustrations. I'm just asking if it's NYSERDA's fault or not.

No need to get snarky. What I'm missing here is who is responsible for the foot dragging. I have not been in touch with NYSERDA over this. All I have is hearsay about who is to blame. Very often people misdirect their frustrations. I'm just asking if it's NYSERDA's fault or not.

That wasn't snark. I did get in touch with them, and that's what I was told - by their Rep. My question was one of logic, not of sarcasm.

Cars are now showing up in dealers for inventory, not pre ordered.
Hope to take a test drive this week!

Naturally my local dealerships haven't contacted me, as requested. I'll have to check inventories myself.

According to NYSERDA the rebate will not be retroactive.
Wait three weeks and save 2,000$!

Twocv said:
According to NYSERDA the rebate will not be retroactive.
Wait three weeks and save 2,000$!

What A-holes! They, or whoever is giving them orders, should be chastised heavily for not making a rebate announced in 2016 to not be retroactive to 1/1/17.

There is supposedly a webinar for dealers on how to file this rebate. I have been searching for the webinar without any luck, does anyone know where it can be accessed?

PBD

Back