Anyone up for a petition to evgo on 30 minute charge limit?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samiam95124

This is already annoying. Had to restart my evgo session after 30 minutes to get enough charge to return home.

This is a silly limit designed for lower range cars. They obviously will have to change, but it would be nice to accelerate the change.

Ideas?

Scott Franco

Tesla owners have the same issue. Some people call it a money grab forcing another session and another session charge. If you search the Tesla forums you will see the same frustration. I agree if EVGo wants to charge $5 for every 30 min of use, they should just do it and not force people to start a new session. But I get the other side of the coin - it explicitly prevents one from being "accidentally" charged for minute 31 on a 31 minute session and if fosters the "don't hog the Quickcharge station". I can see both sides.

The difference is that Teslas have their own supercharger network. In California, for CCS, virtually ALL of the available chargers are evgo.

Back