Apple CarPlay or Android Auto & Wireless Charging

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeyfraser

I will order an iPhone 8 soon and I have some questions on Carplay and Wireless charging slot in my Bolt.

- is it safe to put a phone in the wireless slot AND connect a USB cable for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto?
- is it possible to receive an update on the car to support Android Auto and Carplay over Wifi?

I have tried to put my iPhone SE in the wireless slot when it was connected to Carplay and I got a warning message on the display. I am not sure if the car always display a message or if it was on purpose because my phone was not compatible for wireless charging.

Thanks for your help!

Welcome to the forum!

I connect my iPhone 6+ to USB for Apple CarPlay and use the wireless charging slot for storage all the time: no problem!

The warning message I see all the time, is that you should not put coins, paper clips, etc. into the slot, as that is a heat/fire hazard.

Hi,
Thanks michaellax.
Good news if the car displays only a warning message to remember not putting metal objects in the slot.
Joey

Back