auto seat heaters

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dndrich

BoltPals:

I have my front seat heaters set to auto on my LT. How can I tell when they are on? I have not seen the dash light come on in the infotainment screen showing they are heating. I set my heat to auto on cold mornings, and all is well, but I can't tell if the seats are heating or not. If so, very subtle.

The switch is a software image on the bottom of the infotainment screen. If you touch it it will turn it on and give a red dot.

So the icon doesn't light up in Auto mode? The heater is probably thermostatically activated in Auto. Is the seat actually cold before you start the car?

Manual states that when the seat heaters are in Auto mode, they only come on when the interior temp of the car makes it necessary:

Auto Heated Seats : If equipped, when the vehicle is on, this feature will automatically activate the heated seats at the level required by the vehicle’s interior temperature. In auto mode, the AUTO text is displayed without any indications.

After my first 2000 miles, I almost always have to initiate the seat heaters. Only once have I specifically noted the heat coming up through while in auto. More commonly, I get sick of waiting for their heat and flip it on.

With the intent of these to be more efficient heating (versus the cabin heater), I expected they would be applied much more liberally. Maybe setting the thermostat to max without using the "Heat \ A/C" mode will kick it on more frequently.

devbolt said:
Manual states that when the seat heaters are in Auto mode, they only come on when the interior temp of the car makes it necessary:

Auto Heated Seats : If equipped, when the vehicle is on, this feature will automatically activate the heated seats at the level required by the vehicle’s interior temperature. In auto mode, the AUTO text is displayed without any indications.

The "switch" just says AUTO at the top. The little dots don't turn red when it's in auto mode regardless of how much heat they are putting out.
If you select a temperature manually, there's no way to get back to AUTO mode until you go through an "ignition" cycle.

stevewa said:
devbolt said:

The "switch" just says AUTO at the top. The little dots don't turn red when it's in auto mode regardless of how much heat they are putting out.
If you select a temperature manually, there's no way to get back to AUTO mode until you go through an "ignition" cycle.

You can push the AUTO button to get back to AUTO mode ;)

The heat is both quick and vigorous in my LT.

I definately know when they are on.
NOT subtle.

I would like to know what triggers them in Auto though.

dndrich said:
BoltPals:

I have my front seat heaters set to auto on my LT. How can I tell when they are on? I have not seen the dash light come on in the infotainment screen showing they are heating. I set my heat to auto on cold mornings, and all is well, but I can't tell if the seats are heating or not. If so, very subtle.

gpsman said:
The heat is both quick and vigorous in my LT.

I definately know when they are on.
NOT subtle.

I would like to know what triggers them in Auto though.

dndrich said:
BoltPals:

The trigger is a preset temp based on outside air temperature readings.

Back