Bizarre climate and camera behavior

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHawk

We are seeing bizarre/incorrect behavior in both the climate system and camera systems. I don't know if they are related. It definitely seems like a bug.

On three occasions while underway we noticed that the climate system was not working. We don't know if it was working when we started the trip and stopped underway, or whether it wasn't working from the beginning of the trip. The panel shows the system is "on" and on "auto", but no matter what we set the temperature to the fan does not come on and the AC doesn't appear to be running. We can manually turn the fan on, that works. That takes the system off "auto", but in no cases does the AC work. We tried cycling everything, multiple times, on and off, but couldn't get the system to work. The indicators all responded correctly but the fan doesn't come on in auto mode and the AC doesn't work at all. On two occasions I parked the car, turned the car off and on again, but that didn't correct the problem. In the three cases where this has happened we completed our trip and the next time we drove, after a significant delay, the climate system was working again.

Two days my ago wife was driving the car and she called me in a bit of a panic. She was on the highway, moving at highway speed, and the display was showing the backup camera and the 360 view. She didn't know what she did that might have put the car in this state. This prevented her from seeing any other functions (her panic was mostly because she lost the map being displayed by her iphone). My understanding is the camera modes should never be on going forward at highway speeds, but she insists that's what she saw. I consider this a pretty serious bug. So far we have only seen this once.

I have seen a bug where the camera display operated normally when backing up and moving forward slowly, but then did not turn off after increasing speed going forward (they showed the forward view while driving at up to 65mph).

I have found that if I have had the climate control system off for any reason, I have to hit the Auto button twice to get things working again.

As to the 360-dgree camera coming on while cruising, it sounds like you need to have the Infotainment software updated. This is a known bug.

Back