Bolt EV arrives in Chicagoland......

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbg523

Hey Folks, New to post but have been reading the forums for a while. Been waiting anxiously for the Bolt to arrive here in the Chicago area.

Good News for you folks here in the Chicago area, Apple Chevy has two red Bolt EV LT models in. Unfortunately they are only for test drives but it gives everyone a chance to take one for a spin.

Ordering starts next month but hopefully dealers will start to get a few in for sale before that July time frame.

Bill Kay in Naperville has several Bolts now. I sent them a message and responded "These vehicle are for sale and available for test drive."

Emphasis mine. So I guess it's game-on in Illinois!

WOW!
Thanks for the update.
Mine is on order at another dealer. Maybe I'll go to take a test drive.

I called the dealership in Illinois. They mentioned that they received 8 Bolts on Tuesday and only 4 were still available. I was planning to go for a test drive. I received a call 2 hours later and they said that they cannot sell them yet. :(

Yep I stopped by today. The Red Premier and the Light blue LT are sold. Several are Low End LTs with no heated seats or steering wheel. Only a Black LT and the White Premier have the Heated Functions.

Also on a lease deal they are only giving $1250 back on CCR for the $7500 Fed credit the lease company gets....Hmmm not a good lease deal.

I want one but not that desperate.....

Several are Low End LTs with no heated seats or steering wheel. Only a Black LT and the White Premier have the Heated Functions.

In Chicago?? Here in Upstate NY the dealers know to order all Volts (and I assume Bolts, now) with the comfort & convenience package, to get the heated seats and wheel.

Yea I know, I think the California Dealer they bought them from was dumping them. I can't see not having the heated seats & wheel.

I stopped by earlier in the week and test drove the LT and the red loaded premier. Impressive technology and battery, seats seemed fine, good fit for tall/big folks (i'm 6'6"), however the highway test drive was a downer... lots of road noise compared to my Leaf. Gives the leaf a new appreciation. Tough to spend 40k and I got the impression it'll be heavily discounted towards the end of the year.

phatcat73 said:
I stopped by earlier in the week and test drove the LT and the red loaded premier. Impressive technology and battery, seats seemed fine, good fit for tall/big folks (i'm 6'6"), however the highway test drive was a downer... lots of road noise compared to my Leaf. Gives the leaf a new appreciation. Tough to spend 40k and I got the impression it'll be heavily discounted towards the end of the year.

What kind of pavement? Concrete or asphalt? I remember test driving a Golf back in the day, and it was terribly loud on concrete pavement, but ok on asphalt. Concrete is getting rare here, so I'm hoping this may be a similar case.

concrete. All I recommend is for folks to take the Bolt on the highway and go up to 75mph during a test drive. That was the pivotal moment where I didn't quite see the value of the Bolt.

phatcat73 said:
concrete. All I recommend is for folks to take the Bolt on the highway and go up to 75mph during a test drive. That was the pivotal moment where I didn't quite see the value of the Bolt.
I don't think I've ever driven a car on concrete at 75mph that I'd call "quiet"...

Thanks for the info. As I said, concrete highway has gotten rare here - it's all covered with asphalt now. If the car is quiet on asphalt I'll still be interested - when leases improve. Now I'll have to listen for wind noise. Are you sure all of the windows were fully up? Test drive cars often suffer from things like partially open windows, under-inflated tires, misaligned front ends...

I had the Bolt up to 75MPH during my test drive and didn't notice any more road noise than my Leaf. Although I don't have the OEM tires anymore, and the ones I do have are slightly noisier. Nothing near a deal-breaker for me.

What surprised me about the highway jaunt was how quickly the Bolt got up to speed. I didn't even realize how fast I was going, the car is so much quicker to accelerate than my Leaf.

I have a set of replacement bridgestone ecopias 422 on my Leaf, about 50% worn. Side by side comparison on the same concrete surface and at the same speed yielded a noticeable difference. Leaf felt more like a luxury ride/

In any case... newsflash.... received a call from the IL dealer who advised them that GM corporate has put a stop on the sale of these California Bolts.

phatcat73 said:
In any case... newsflash.... received a call from the IL dealer who advised them that GM corporate has put a stop on the sale of these California Bolts.

Not surprising - I am sure that GM wants to rack up as many CARB/ZEV credits as possible in CA.

Folks Castle Chevy in Villa Park has gotten a truck load of LT & Premier models. I just bit the bullet and picked up the Red Premier... :D :D :D Happy Camper!!

BTW, BIll Kay Chevy called and said they can start selling theirs again. A little too late for me.

I have a set of replacement bridgestone ecopias 422 on my LEAF, about 50% worn. Side by side comparison on the same concrete surface and at the same speed yielded a noticeable difference. LEAF felt more like a luxury ride

Worn Ecopias (especially if not highly inflated) would tend to produce a quieter ride than pretty much any brand new tires.

I've been shopping for a new bolt...lease or buy...and have gotten some pretty poor offers. Dealers must think I'm an idiot. One quoted me a price of 37k on an LT and then told me monthly would be $600 for 72 months. They must not think we have calculators.

Any chance you all think I could get a $400 a month lease at 10k mileage with 0 down?

All the ones in IL are California cars that the dealership paid to have shipped. Lease deals won't show up until Fall. After model 3 and 2018 bolts released

Back