Bolt on Display in Delaware

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eastocean

I visited the Delaware Auto Show today in Wilmington Delaware. It runs through Sunday Oct 9.

They have a grey LT on display. It has no power, but you can sit in it, try it on for size, pop the hood. It has to be a test production car, and it sure looks complete to me. Ithe is Friday, so crowds were light, but it was drawing a lot of attention.

It is a lovely car, and convinced me to buy one.

It felt roomy to me. The seats were firm, and cushioned. It felt much as described in the media drives reported in the last 2 weeks.
I currently drive a Leaf. The front seat space was as good as the Leaf. The backseat knee room was a little less, but not uncomfortable. The roofline entering the backseat felt low, and backseat passengers will have to watch bumping their heads. The rear seats were higher than the front, called stadium seats.
The rep said that in their tech training sessions that they said there was active thermal management on the battery. Long life mode in charging is set at 90% (Leaf is 80%)

It met or exceeded my expectations, and I will be moving from a Leaf to Bolt.

Did you happen to get pictures of the wheels on the LT show car? They're a little different than the Premier trim but I'm not sure what they look like.

No, I didn't take pictures of the exterior. My thinking was that the exterior pictures on the web site would be identical.. I am not a wheel guy, and more of a technology geek. I did post a couple of pictures of the interior and "engine" compartment in another thread.

From a video of an LT, I just concluded the LT wheels do not have the dark paint, while the Premier wheels have dark painted grooves. The shape of both wheels appears to be the same.

LT (no door handle chrome, no dark paint on wheels)
2017-Chevy-Bolt-EV-rear-876x534.jpg

Premier (chrome on handles, dark paint on wheels)
bolt-ev-price_t.jpg

No roof rails on the LT, either.

I saw an Ampera-e at the Paris Auto Show with the rails. They integrate nicely and look very upscale. Similar to the ones on my Mercedes E350 wagon. The Paris show cars (two of them) were both locked and unfortunately no interior access. I really wanted a chance to get inside - bummer.

Back