Bolts being unloaded at Union Pacific railyard in Milpitas (Bay Area)

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal1997

This picture was taken earlier this afternoon:
15731746_10153965404202105_8363599022120587781_o.jpg
From what I could see, there were 2 dozen Bolts parked in the lot (a dozen visible in the picture above).

There were still at least 10 railcars waiting to be unloaded.

Now we wait for these cars to be loaded onto trucks and delivered to Northern California dealers.

Encouraging I guess, but we know a train unloaded at the distribution center in Southern California last Friday, and so far it appears that not a single one of those Bolts has been delivered to a dealership as of today.

Thanks for the update and pics Cal.

I'm hoping my Bolt is in that group but my dealer has no updates other than it is on the way to Milpitas as of a few weeks ago. My TPW was 11/28.

Let us know if you see any movement with these getting trucked off the lot. The waiting game is enough to make you bonkers!

MetaBolt said:
Regarding my desire for a 2016 tax credit....so your saying there's a chance.
:)

Always a chance.. Sneak into rail yard find your Bolt by Vin. Hide in the shadows and watch it get loaded on a truck. Stalk the truck to dealership. Stand next to truck as they offload. :ugeek:

I can CONFIRM that several dozens of Bolts (maybe hundreds) are going out to Bay Area dealers today. I saw 5 unload (with some Volts) at my local dealer today (Redwood City) and the truck driver said 3 or 4 more truckloads (8 per truck) were on their way to this one dealer.

The truck driver called today "launch day" which I found interesting.

IMG_0295.JPG
IMG_0293.JPG
IMG_0292.JPG

Mine is bought and paid for (locked in that 2016 tax credit) but is apparently STILL sitting in the Milpitas yard nearly two weeks later. The dealer (Platinum in Santa Rosa, CA) says the transport from Milpitas is entirely out of their control and has no idea when my car will arrive.

Anybody here have any data on how long it should take? Seems silly to keep them sitting there so long with so much demand for them.

CubFan said:
Mine is bought and paid for (locked in that 2016 tax credit) but is apparently STILL sitting in the Milpitas yard nearly two weeks later...

Uh, well, you ought to look at the tax form here https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8936.pdf.

It says nothing about the purchase date, only "date vehicle was placed in service" (delivery date). You may get away with putting it on your 2016 taxes, but if you get audited they may take away your tax credit altogether.

A safer way to go is to take it as a 2017 tax credit as that is when you will be taking delivery.

Fair point Patronus, thanks. I'd just like to know when I'll finally be able to take possession.

Patronus said:
CubFan said:
...but if you get audited they may take away your tax credit altogether.

IRS auditors have no authority to revoke a legally permissible tax credit. They can require correction of incorrect filings, including moving tax credits to the proper tax year.

CubFan wrote:

Mine is bought and paid for (locked in that 2016 tax credit) but is apparently STILL sitting in the Milpitas yard nearly two weeks later. The dealer (Platinum in Santa Rosa, CA) says the transport from Milpitas is entirely out of their control and has no idea when my car will arrive.

Anybody here have any data on how long it should take? Seems silly to keep them sitting there so long with so much demand for them.

My Bolt took ten days to get from Milpitas to Petaluma. Victory Chevy in Petaluma tried to rip me off so I walked. I still want to lease a Bolt, so I would interested to find out how the folks in Santa Rosa treat you as a customer.

CubFan said:

If you have paperwork that shows you owned the car in 2016, then you would be crazy to not take the credit for that year. Nobody is ever going to know or care whether you drove it around in December or January.

In fact, if you claimed it for 2017 and got audited, I think you would be inviting trouble. The auditor would look at your paperwork, and I'll bet she would "Nope, sorry, disallowed. You're claiming the wrong year. You bought it in 2016"

Just got the call that mine has finally made the journey north from Milpitas. Picking it up tonight at the dealer in Santa Rosa. Very excited.

Back