Can GM sell 30,000 Chevy Bolts in 2017? LG Chem thinks so

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmYK

I think that's a bit ambitious of GM.

Be it wishful thinking or educated guess, LG Chem is projecting that General Motors will sell more than 30,000 of its Chevrolet Bolt electric vehicles next year. LG Chem vice president Kang Chang Beom made the projection during his South Korea-based company's third-quarter conference call, according to Reuters. LG Chem is making the battery for the Bolt.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/18/chevy-bolt-will-sell-30-000-units-next-year-lg-chem-says/

There are some really knowledgeable people on this site in regards to EV's. I hope some of the reply to this. I would like to hear their prediction. I on the other hand I have no idea if it is possible to sell that many cars

I bought one of the first Ford Escape Hybrids 11 years ago. (Still have it and it runs strong with no detectable battery (NiMH) degradation in 200,000 miles).

It was a first of a kind vehicle. First American Manufacturer Hybrid. First SUV hybrid. Etc.

Ford sold ~50,000 units the first year. It was reported back then that sales were LIMITED to 50,000 based upon battery availability.

Back